TomTom GO is not showing speed cameras on Carplay and iPhone — TomTom Community

TomTom GO is not showing speed cameras on Carplay and iPhone

KyokushinKyokushin Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello,

TomTom GO is not showing speed cameras on Carplay screen and iPhone, of course i have it turned it on in options.

How to raise a ticket about that?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,314 Moderator
    edited May 17
    Hi @Kyokushin

Welcome to the Community! Still, no Speed camera alerts on the App? GO Navigation can only alert you about speed cameras when you have an internet/mobile data connection.

Can you provide us with the Phone model/iOS version and App version installed? You can try switching netwrk to Wi-Fi and test if this works.

Regards, lampard
  • KyokushinKyokushin Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited May 17
    Hi, thanx for the repply - only voice info, but there is no information visible on map.
    I am on iPhone XS 14.5.1 and i am using Carplay., of course i am keeping internet connection ON.

For the test purposes i also tried to find any photocamera on the Wifi, but there is no any displaying.

The AmiGO app is showing cameras in same case on map, but TomTom GO app no, both on iPhone screen and carplay - there is no mobile or fixed speed cameras on the map and no information about reported police cars.
    Thank you @Kyokushin!

One last thing to confirm if you have the latest App version 2.6 installed?

Best, lampard
    Yes, its 2.6
  • Azad93Azad93 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Downloaded the tomtomgo app and I have the 30 day trial before I decide if I want to purchase but when I enter a destination, I don’t get any speed cameras around me or on the route when I know there are meant to be cameras there.

I’ve reinstalled the app few times but to no avail.
    Hi @Azad93

Welcome to the Community! Please make sure the Speed camera option is enabled under Main Menu>TomTom Services>Traffic & Speed Cameras. GO Navigation can only alert you about speed cameras when you have an internet/mobile data connection.

Best, lampard
  • Azad93Azad93 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @Azad93

Welcome to the Community! Please make sure the Speed camera option is enabled under Main Menu>TomTom Services>Traffic & Speed Cameras. GO Navigation can only alert you about speed cameras when you have an internet/mobile data connection.

Best, lampard

Hi it didn’t work and I always have a connection either 5G or WiFi
    Hi there @Kyokushin
    The AmiGO app is showing cameras in same case on map, but TomTom GO app no, both on iPhone screen and carplay - there is no mobile or fixed speed cameras on the map and no information about reported police cars.
    Can you provide us with an example address where amigo shows a camera and GO doesn't?

In the GO app, speed cameras aren't shown in the map view. They are shown if a route is planned but you should get notifications when driving past cameras with no route planned (If you're expecting to just look around the map and see cameras everywhere that are not related to your route, not possible)

Best, lampard
    edited May 25
    The main point is to see the speed cameras when route is NOT planned to know where they are during driving the city or local area, so app is almost useless, 90% of using app is driving when route is not planned to see local warnings, speed cameras, limitations and traffic on Carplay screen.

one of locations:
    https://www.google.pl/maps/@52.293559,21.0771734,16.25z
    https://www.google.pl/maps/@52.3152485,21.0958759,15.25z
    https://www.google.pl/maps/@52.3095564,21.0763887,15.25z
    https://www.google.pl/maps/@52.2415522,21.099954,17z