tomtom 6250 pro traffic not working

francesmrk
francesmrk Registered Users Posts: 29
Master Explorer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
my tomtom 6250 pro traffic has stopped working, the message just says traffic services not available. It's linked up all correctly and was working when I bought it, only a month ago. I've tried doing a rest, but still the same.

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,825
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @francesmrk

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up on Monday and can check your units settings in the TT servers and adjust if required. Look back then to see what they have to say

When you say you have done a Reset is that using the Reset Device option in Settings/System?

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,721
    Answer ✓
    Could you try the troubleshooting steps advised in the video below-?

Answers

• francesmrk
    Master Explorer
    sorry, meant I've done a reset!!
  • francesmrk
    Master Explorer
    does anyone know it lifetime traffic is included, I thought it was when I bought it? thanks
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,825
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @francesmrk

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up on Monday and can check your units settings in the TT servers and adjust if required. Look back then to see what they have to say

When you say you have done a Reset is that using the Reset Device option in Settings/System?

Doug
  • francesmrk
    Master Explorer
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @francesmrk

Doug

yes, using the reset option in settings/system. Thanks, will check back Monday then!
  • VikramK
    Hi @francesmrk
    Welcome to the community!
    I have asked my team to fix the services on your account. Please do a soft reset and check again.

Regards, Vikram
  • francesmrk
    Master Explorer
    Thanks, I've done the soft reset but it's still showing a cross through the traffic and says"service unavailable"
  • VikramK
    Hi @francesmrk
    Could you take the device outside and away from the WiFi range?
    Make sure it finds a GPS signal.

Now go to - main menu > settings > system > about > GPRS status

What does the GPRS status show?

Thanks, Vikram
  • francesmrk
    Master Explorer
    Hi, it says gprs connected and traffic activated but it still has a cross through the traffic and says service unavailable
  • francesmrk
    Master Explorer
    Hi, are there any other steps to follow to try and activate the traffic again, or should I return the sat nav for an exchange? I've only had it a couple of weeks. many thanks!
  • VikramK
    Answer ✓
    Could you try the troubleshooting steps advised in the video below-?

• francesmrk
    Master Explorer
    Morning Vikram, I've followed the steps you advised and it's all working now, traffic up and running again. Many thanks!
  • Docents
    Docents Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Why does my tomtom not show traffic and radar if abinimant was bought a week ago
  • BullRot
    BullRot Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    Maybe you connected it to a device not in use or not communicating data anymore like Bluetooth or WiFi.
    Happens to me when I try to connect it with onboard coach WiFi, it connects perfectly but doesn't receives any data from it (maybe additional login or stuff is preventing data transfer). Click connection and click "Forget" it. I know it's an old post but may help someone with same issue.