Missing Menu in New Version 3.0 — TomTom Community

Missing Menu in New Version 3.0

SpringsSprings Posts: 40 [Renowned Wayfarer]
I have just updated my Tomtom Go for Android from v2.x to the latest v3.0 and have encountered an issue with the main app menu. Before setting a route on the app the main menu icon is the "Hamburger" style of horizontal lines which when opened lists all of the available menu items as it did on the previous version. However, once a route has been set the "Hamburger" icon disappears and is replaced by 3 vertical dots which opens onto a new style layout containing a very different set of limited menu options.

There is no longer an item for the currently set route, which means that it is no longer possible to cancel a route once it has been set! The list of my saved places is also missing which presumably means that I am also unable to select a different destination until I have driven along the currently set route.
I have opened all of the options presented on this new 3-dot menu but the majority of items from the "hamburger" style menu have disappeared.

How do I now cancel the currently selected route?

is there a hidden link I need to press on the screen to reveal the missing menu items?

Best Answers

• paba2paba2 Posts: 41
    Staff
    edited May 15 Accepted Answer
    There is now cancel route button (X) on right side under route bar. No need to go to menu anymore.

gbqhu6papbzj.png
    Staff
    > The list of my saved places is also missing

During ongoing route to add new stop:
    simply press search(magnifier icon) in route options menu (3 dots), one of items in search screen is a link to your saved places list (Favorites).

Answers

Staff
    There is now cancel route button (X) on right side under route bar. No need to go to menu anymore.

gbqhu6papbzj.png
    Staff
    > The list of my saved places is also missing

During ongoing route to add new stop:
    simply press search(magnifier icon) in route options menu (3 dots), one of items in search screen is a link to your saved places list (Favorites).
  • SpringsSprings Posts: 40 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    In an earlier version of this app I had the impression that that large "X" button only removed the sidebar from the map, although it was a few years ago so I could have been mistaken.
    Anyway, in the current version the "X" does cancel the set route and the magnifier does (eventually) display my saved places. I preferred the previous style of menus but no doubt I'll get used to the new style.

It's a pity that we didn't get an email to advise us that the app menus were being changed - the only emails I receive now are to tempt me to buy a standalone satnav device, which I don't need as this app does what I want.
  • Crusader3020Crusader3020 Posts: 30 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Have you been able to SAVE a route? Good luck with that :/
    Thanks @DougLap
    I'm using an Android S9Plus and have been using TomTom for 20 years - I'd consider myself very experienced at using it.
    Short tapping the blue route does not bring up the option to save the route, it does nothing.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    Based on feedback provided by @Crusader3020 in other thread, we have created GONAV-3218 to have a look at available options in route options panel.

Thanks all for this valuable information!
    That is so appreciated.