How to record a route?

HansV740
HansV740 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
How can I record a randomly driven route, so that I can edit it afterwards and reload it in my TomTom device to get instructions during my next trip? Maybe it's not possible with any of the TomTom devices or maybe I need to use an additional registration device or supporting software or PC application. All suggesstions welcome.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,796
    Superuser
    edited May 2021
    Hi
    @HansV740
    All the Previous NAV4 devices and the Latest (Wi-Fi) devices have the Record a route option...
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Start recording....

If you use Postcodes a lot... Avoid the Start 42/52/62 the step by step search engine is useless for Postcodes in the UK
    The other NAV4 devices and the Latest (Wi-Fi) devices have the excellent 'Quick Search' search engine...

Note... The Record a route option... Is not available on the New GO Discover device....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • HansV740
    Apprentice Seeker
    Purchased a brand new device to be able to record a route. Unfortunately, I didn’t read your last note… so chose to buy a GO Discover… Bummer!
    Any options to do the same on this device?
  • HansV740
    Apprentice Seeker
    @Willy875 what is your point?
  • HansV740
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi
    Does anyone have an idea how I can record a route with the GO Connect?

If not, it’s quite useless to me, especially as long as it is also not willing to pair with my iPhone via bluetooth, so I will be obliged to return it.

Thx in advance for your input.
    Br
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,354
    Revered Voyager

HansV740 wrote: »
    Hi
    Does anyone have an idea how I can record a route with the GO Connect?

Br

With https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/#mode=viewport+viewport=46.42888,-1.35727,4.62,0,-0+ver=3

HansV740 wrote: »
    Hi

If not, it’s quite useless to me, especially as long as it is also not willing to pair with my iPhone via bluetooth, so I will be obliged to return it.

Thx in advance for your input.
    Br

Connecting a GO Discover or GO Expert to TomTom services using your smartphone
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360018677960-Connexion-d-un-GO-Discover-ou-d-un-GO-Expert-aux-services-TomTom-à-l-aide-de-votre-smartphone
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,796
    Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi
    @HansV740
    For me, based on available features/options and price it's the GO Premium, that's still the top of the Tomtom range for car PND devices... followed by the remaining other >> Wi-Fi << connected devices....
    Note... If you use Postcodes a lot, I would avoid the Start 42/52/62 Range, the postcode search is useless if used in the UK....

I like the 7" screen on the GO Discover and the weekly Map updates....
    But when I compare The GO Premium and the GO Discover, I would be giving up too many features & options that I use every day....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM