Does the discover Tom Tom show mobile speed traps — TomTom Community

Does the discover Tom Tom show mobile speed traps

STICKYBUNSSTICKYBUNS Posts: 36 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have had tom-tom in the past and I agree the current tom-tom discover is a fantastic sat nav which I would love to buy but one thing is putting me off and that is no matter if you pay or you have the 1 year free subscription Tom Tom speed camera alerts do not show the mobile Police camera van locations, I have asked many times and I actually thought my camera subscription was not active as all tom tom will show are the static time and distance or the red light camera locations but never will or has any tom tom device ever shown a location of a mobile camera van location, that is why I have to stick with Garmin as Garmin allow you to download the pocket world gps speed camera database directly to the navigation device and then it shows on the sat anv the speed van locations and current speed or a red light speed camera van area and is very accurate.

So if I buy the Tom Tom GO Discover will I be able to download my own Poi’s or is that a big fat no shame really as I doubt I would be buying a Tom Tom any time soon but wanted to check here first for a definitive answer so looks like I will eb sticking with my Garmin.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,312 Moderator
    Hi there,

The GO Discover comes with fixed-speed camera locations pre-installed. The device automatically receives location updates for fixed cameras and mobile speed cameras in real-time when connected to a phone. Alternatively, the fixed speed camera locations are updated together with the full map updates.

Importing OV2 files (custom POI's) is not supported for the GO Discover.

Best, lampard

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,433
    Superusers
    edited May 14
    Hi
    @STICKYBUNS
    The New GO discover does not allow the installation of 3rd Party POIs...
    The Speed Cam & Warning setting options for the GO Discover are as follows....
    When Speeding
    Traffic jam ahead

Visual, Sound & verbal
    Visual & Sound
    Visual

Fixed speed cameras
    Mobile speed cameras
    Mobile speed camera hotspot

Average speed camera zones
    Speed enforcement zones
    Red light cameras
    Traffic restriction cameras

The previous NAV4 & Wi-Fi Connected devices....
    Do give a warning of Mobile Speed Cams....

nzpyl79pai1l.jpg
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings
    Always use a Computer voice...
    Serena or Malcolm here in the UK
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    Along with the standard triple 'dong dong dong' warning the device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'

'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots'
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • simplysup2simplysup2 Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I can confirm that, in the UK at least, the GO Discover alerts on mobile speed cameras - had one on the A14 yesterday. Normally no alert going under this particular bridge, but yesterday a timely alert, and there was a speed camera van on the bridge.

Nigel