Where can I purchase a spare windscreen mount and cable for my Go Discover?

Softweb
Softweb Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited May 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I make my own bespoke vent mount and I am not sure if the accessories advertised are compatible. Go Discover compatibility is not mentioned in the adverts. Thanks

Best Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Softweb
    Welcome to the site....
    The 7" GO Discover Mount is different... And NOT interchangeable....
    It's more substantial... With a wider spacing between the device locating lugs... A 70mm diameter Suction-cup... Plus a Ring-nut type clamp for the ball joint.... Also, the Power adapter is rated 5v 2.4 Amp and the USB cable also has a higher current rating....

xqzo9rfvd58r.jpg
    As far as I'm aware the 5" & 6" Discover models use the standard Active mount....
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,112
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    @Softweb

If you have the 6" version of the Go Discover this one is compatible https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/accessories/mounts-docks/click-go-mount-charger/
    I have a 6" and a Go 5200 and they are interchangeable
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,188
    Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    GO Discover mounts are still coming as accessories. I couldn't get any date, though.

Beware that GO Discover requires 2.4 A so chargers of older devices can result in insufficient power supply.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Softweb
    Welcome to the site....
    The 7" GO Discover Mount is different... And NOT interchangeable....
    It's more substantial... With a wider spacing between the device locating lugs... A 70mm diameter Suction-cup... Plus a Ring-nut type clamp for the ball joint.... Also, the Power adapter is rated 5v 2.4 Amp and the USB cable also has a higher current rating....

xqzo9rfvd58r.jpg
    As far as I'm aware the 5" & 6" Discover models use the standard Active mount....
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,112
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    @Softweb

If you have the 6" version of the Go Discover this one is compatible https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/accessories/mounts-docks/click-go-mount-charger/
    I have a 6" and a Go 5200 and they are interchangeable
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,188
    Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    GO Discover mounts are still coming as accessories. I couldn't get any date, though.

Beware that GO Discover requires 2.4 A so chargers of older devices can result in insufficient power supply.
  • marksteers
    marksteers Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Need to buy an additional window mount please for TomTom GO Expert / GO Discover 7" ZW3101V01639 - how would i get one plrease.
  • DeGreg
    DeGreg Registered Users Posts: 4
    New Seeker
    I Need a extra Tomtom Go Discover mount for my 7”? When is this available? Where to order?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,331
    Revered Voyager
    DeGreg wrote: »
    I Need a extra Tomtom Go Discover mount for my 7”? When is this available? Where to order?

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1776431/#Comment_1776431