changing ownership details — TomTom Community

changing ownership details

Drifter600Drifter600 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
Hi
I have a Rider 550 which is new to me, unfortunately the previous owner never deleted hip account details from the device.
So at the moment I cannot change the email or password from the My Drive app on the device. I have created an account on Tom Tom and downloaded all the apps to my computer and smart phone, but I need the previous owners details removed. I have ask the previous owner for help but he is not responding to me.

Any help regarding this issue would be most appreciated

Thanks Drifter600

Best Answer

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,365
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi and welcome to the Forum where TomTom users help each other.

Set your Satnav to factory settings. Then you can enter your own account in the device.
    Menu/Settings/System/reset device.

All Services like Lifetime Maps, lifetime Cams and traffic are linked to the serial number of the device.

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,365
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi and welcome to the Forum where TomTom users help each other.

Set your Satnav to factory settings. Then you can enter your own account in the device.
    Menu/Settings/System/reset device.

All Services like Lifetime Maps, lifetime Cams and traffic are linked to the serial number of the device.
  • Drifter600Drifter600 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi Lochfrass
    Ok I will give that a go, thank you for your help
    Drifter600
  • Drifter600Drifter600 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Big thank you to Lochfass, all up and working fine now thanks again

Drifter600
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,369 Moderator
    Hi @Drifter600

When you get a chance, please click 'Yes' under Lochfrass comment to mark it as an answer so other users can find it useful. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Regards, lampard