Start 25 can't update - waiting for device — TomTom Community

Start 25 can't update - waiting for device

Hello. I have a problem with the Start 25 update. So far I have done it many times and there was no problem. I have been trying to do this for a week and have already tried on 3 computers and different systems. In MyDrive Conect shows the device, but when I go on to update, there is a message that it is waiting for the device and then that there is a connection error. The device says then: Oops, something went wrong, please try again later.
TomTom Home cannot see my device.
Below are screenshots showing the problem

n3uj81my4jkh.jpg
u1wwboyevsjp.jpg
yg9h8bxlzlkg.jpg
jhqfahcseq6r.jpg

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,902 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @ibiszek

Welcome to the community!
    Could you try a workaround suggested by one of our users on the German community:

"After reading through three different forums "Threads" with the same problem and with my "An error has occurred ..." problem, which some others also have, I was able to solve the riddle after many hours of searching around . The navigation system does not save the time and sets it back to 2009, especially during the reset processes. That is where the problem lies. It seems as if the update server does not want to accept this old date. I managed to get the navigation system onto the balcony so that it could read the current time and time zone, and my patience was rewarded. Once the time was read in and then strapped back to the USB port, the update process FINALLY starts!"
    - @satmonk

Comment link- https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/comment/1756538/#Comment_1756538

Machine translated(German)

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,902 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @ibiszek

Welcome to the community!
    Could you try a workaround suggested by one of our users on the German community:

"After reading through three different forums "Threads" with the same problem and with my "An error has occurred ..." problem, which some others also have, I was able to solve the riddle after many hours of searching around . The navigation system does not save the time and sets it back to 2009, especially during the reset processes. That is where the problem lies. It seems as if the update server does not want to accept this old date. I managed to get the navigation system onto the balcony so that it could read the current time and time zone, and my patience was rewarded. Once the time was read in and then strapped back to the USB port, the update process FINALLY starts!"
    - @satmonk

Comment link- https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/comment/1756538/#Comment_1756538

Machine translated(German)

Regards, Vikram
  • ibiszekibiszek Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    this solution helped me a lot. Thank you and have a nice day
  • PL1PL1 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Well, I had the exact same problem and the "solution" above from @satmonk did not work for me.

The reason I could not update was that I could no longer log into my account. Once I created a new user ID and password at tomtom.com, and entered that UID and PW into the update utility, it started updating with out issue.

The date on my device is still showing up as 2009, but the time is synchronized now. I had not updated in 37 months, and the fine print says you must update within 36 months to keep the lifetime map updates. So, maybe tomtom closes accounts that are 36 months old?

Anyway, I just thought I would share with anyone else who may be having an issue updating.

P.S. The update app says I have a START 25 and my device hardware says it is a VIA 1500.