I Cannot connect my TOMTOM START 25 to my account — TomTom Community

I Cannot connect my TOMTOM START 25 to my account

My TOMTOM START 25 will not connect to my account. My drive connect constantly shows following image
r6n7y7wsmu4m.png
On the device it shows a message saying
Something has gone wrong
This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
Serial No BLxxxxxxx28

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,902 Moderator
    Hi @moogski
    Welcome to the community! I have linked the device from our side please check for updates now.

In case you see the error again could you try the workaround suggested by one of our users from the German community:

"After reading through three different forums "Threads" with the same problem and with my "An error has occurred ..." problem, which some others also have, I was able to solve the riddle after many hours of searching around . The navigation system does not save the time and sets it back to 2009, especially during the reset processes. That is where the problem lies. It seems as if the update server does not want to accept this old date. I managed to get the navigation system onto the balcony so that it could read the current time and time zone, and my patience was rewarded. Once the time was read in and then strapped back to the USB port, the update process FINALLY starts!"
    - @satmonk

Comment link- https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/comment/1756538/#Comment_1756538

Machine translated(German)

Thanks, Vikram
  • moogskimoogski Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I'm now able to see my device and download the updates but I'm still getting the following message,
    Something has gone wrong
    This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
    I have checked the time and date and I seams ok but i start the update process and it goes back to 1st September 2009