"How would you rate our support?" Do not ask again.

dezmo
dezmo Registered Users Posts: 94
Revered Navigator
I'm getting this message regularly:
ssj4cmqlpzwz.png

I always mark the checkbox beside "Do not ask again."
But you are asking again and again. Why? Do you really care? If yes please accept my rating and do not ask again. I will rate it BAD all the time in a future.

And yes, I'm logged in when I get this irritating popup.

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Hi @dezmo
    This is because you have a 3rd party cookies blocker or an add-on that is causing this behaviour.
    Could you try opening the site in an incognito or a private bowser windows without any extensions to see if you see the same pop-up?

Thanks, Vikram
  • dezmo
    dezmo Registered Users Posts: 94
    Revered Navigator
    Hi @VikramK

Thanks for response. Actually I'm using Addblock Plus in Chrome. 3rd party cookies is blocked in a settings. But I will not change that.
    You will get a BAD rating all the time you ask again. But since you did not answered my question : "Do you really care? ", I guess it does not matter.
  • MrTD
    MrTD Registered Users Posts: 69
    Prominent Wayfarer
    They do not care if they did they would fix it, also they would bring back the Phone support so people can actually speak to a person and explain there problems.
  • HappyWarrior
    HappyWarrior Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same problem for me. Your popup is poorly coded. I've seen thousands of sites with popups while using an ad blocker and this is the only one with this problem.
  • raycock2
    raycock2 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    Cut the junk support question question altogether. It is frustrating to say the least. Cut it out or we'll cut out helping you with these outdated maps.
  • mcg1967
    mcg1967 Registered Users Posts: 10
    Apprentice Traveler
    Every page I navigate to, I get a "Rate our support, good or bad" pop up appear.

No matter how many times I click it, it won't go away. Getting beyond irritating now!
  • samysam
    samysam Registered Users Posts: 7
    New Seeker
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @dezmo
    This is because you have a 3rd party cookies blocker or an add-on that is causing this behaviour.
    Could you try opening the site in an incognito or a private bowser windows without any extensions to see if you see the same pop-up?

Thanks, Vikram

So why don't you fix this very aggravating problem? Most people don't know how to do what you mentioned. Most people are not that computer savy. I know my way around computers pretty well but I don't know how to disable 3rd party cookie blockers either. That another stupid thing I would have to spend hours trying to remedy. Fix the friggin' problem. I've already spent all night and then some trying to fix my problem. All I did was go and update my map for my TomTom and now it won't even go to the main screen. I get a message that I have to download the map update. Why doesn't TomTom Home tell you there isn't enough room on your TomTom before it starts deleting your map you already had that worked. Now my TomTom doesn't work thanks to your stupid map update. Why do you keep making them too big to fit on the older models. At the very least, we should have the option to download an older map that isn't so big. If I had known this before hand, I would have tried downloading the update. At least it was working. Now I'm SOL. I will never buy another TomTom again.
  • OldGrantonian
    OldGrantonian Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    I'm not a techie, but AFAIK this site is very non-standard and breaks a lot of W3C rules:

https://www.w3.org/standards/

People of my age will have seen many such sites in the 90s. We were grateful that they existed at all :-)

The text as it appears in the actual post is OK for me. But the text that I type in the box is so faint that I need to use Bold font when typing. Sorry about that. I mention this in case anyone else has eyesight problems

AdBlock Plus (ABP) has been around for years. and has a sound reputation. To use ABP to block the subject popup:

- When you see the popup, click on ABP
    - At the foot of the ABP dropdown, click "Block Element"
    - I forget exactly what happens after that, but you will be back on the TomTom page with the annoying popup
    - Click on that popup
    - For me, the popup disappeared. So far, it hasn't reappeared.

As someone said, you can also browse incognito with Shift+Ctrl+N (Windows). That's a useful thing to know anyway.

Thanks.
  • philmckerracher
    philmckerracher Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    This site keeps asking me to rate support. Every time the cursor leaves the window. Even if "Do not ask again" is checked. Guess which option I choose!

0z105hkjkluz.png