Problem trying to update the device — TomTom Community

Problem trying to update the device

BenysarBenysar Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Good Morning. Excuse my English, but I am using google translate.

I have a tomtom rider 500. It was updating when, I don't know why, it lost wifi. I got a message of "it will continue when there is wifi". It was like that for a whole day, and since I was doing nothing, I restarted the gps. When I restart it, he tells me that he has no maps and gives me the option to download any of the world, but when I indicate that I want to download the one for Spain (I am Spanish), he tells me "an error has occurred. Please try again."

I have tried to connect it to the computer using mydrive connect (to see if I could do something that way), but the computer does not give any signal to recognize it. I have also tried doing a hard reset and connecting it like this, but the result is the same. I have installed and reinstalled mydrive connect several times, deleted the home3 folder and and the mydrive connect folder. I have uninstalled mydrive connect using revo uninstaller.

I have tried to connect the gps in three different computers, two with w10 and one with w7 and in a virtual machine with w10 inside ubuntu ...

I have also installed a microsd memory card to see if the maps were downloaded there, without result

I do not know what to do

Thanks

Best Answer

• BenysarBenysar Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Solved.

As I imagined, once I managed to connect the GPS to the computer, the map download started and the system worked perfectly. It was my mistake when I connected the GPS to the computer. I did it with the car holder (I didn't know it had a mini-usb port). Once I plugged it in through that port, it connected perfectly.

I think that more incidence should be made in that you have to connect the GPS directly through its mini-usb port and not use any support (I have read it somewhere, but little is mentioned)

Answers

• BenysarBenysar Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Solved.

As I imagined, once I managed to connect the GPS to the computer, the map download started and the system worked perfectly. It was my mistake when I connected the GPS to the computer. I did it with the car holder (I didn't know it had a mini-usb port). Once I plugged it in through that port, it connected perfectly.

I think that more incidence should be made in that you have to connect the GPS directly through its mini-usb port and not use any support (I have read it somewhere, but little is mentioned)