6250 Lifetime Traffic Expiration

StevenTUK
StevenTUK Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
Hello, I have recently brought a TomTom 6250 and expected it to include lifetime services; however, my device says the traffic services expires next month. Can you please assist? I believe my account needs updating.

Thank you,
Steven

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    Hi
    @StevenTUK
    Welcome to the site....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • StevenTUK
    StevenTUK Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi @YamFazMan

Thank you for your response and your welcome to this community.

Specifically, concerning my problem, will the moderators require my account details or further information? Also, I have been having issues connecting my device to the MyDrive connect; it does not recognise my account details.

Thank you,
    Steven
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,719
    Hi @StevenTUK
    Welcome to the community on my behalf as well :)
    I reviewed your TomTom account and I don't find a device linked.
    Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • jfroggyj
    jfroggyj Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    I also have a problem with live traffic, I have updated my 6250, and I’m using a apple iPhone 12, ee is my network provider 5G.
    But says traffic isn’t working at mo.?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited May 2021
    Hi
    @jfroggyj
    5G will be useless for the type of signal area coverage required by a TomTom SatNav device....
    The 5G wavelengths have a range of about 1,000 feet (0.3 km), that's not even 2% of the 4G's signal range. So to ensure a reliable 5G signal, there needs to be a lot of 5G cell towers and antennas everywhere. We're talking one on every lamppost, traffic light, etc. because even trees can block 5G signals....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM