NVA-SD8110EU LIVE Services not working — TomTom Community

NVA-SD8110EU LIVE Services not working

AnnaNLAnnaNL Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
edited May 10 in TomTom Services
Hi,

I have today bought the LIVE update for my SD card. I have never used that service before, but fed up with having my phone on the dashboard with google maps, when I have an inbuilt satnav. I can't see it working, or even as a product on my TomTom HOME account. When I put my SD card in I can't do any updates all of a sudden, although I could earlier. Now It says error that TomTom HOME can not repair and asking to put the card back in device and then take out. I've been back to my car twice to do this and no change. What am I not getting? I really need to have this Live service working as I want to avoid having to have my google maps on my dash. Also if I go to MYdriveConnect, it's offering me to buy these upgrades that I already bought. So I am totally confused. Thanks in advance! Anna

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,906 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    @AnnaNL
    hi Anna
    Welcome to the community!
    The SIM card on the Carminat TomTom gets deactivated or disabled when there is no active subscription(LIVE Services) for 3 years.

I reviewed your account and I see the previous subscription ended back in 2012. More info on our support article

You can contact our customer service to raise a refund request.

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

Accepted Answer
    @AnnaNL
    hi Anna
    The SIM card on the Carminat TomTom gets deactivated or disabled when there is no active subscription(LIVE Services) for 3 years.

I reviewed your account and I see the previous subscription ended back in 2012. More info on our support article

You can contact our customer service to raise a refund request.

Thanks, Vikram
  • AnnaNLAnnaNL Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi @VikramK
    That explains it then. It would be useful if this information was available before buying, and spending half a day trying to get it to work lol.
    Anyway I appreciate your reply. Is there a way of activating this device, get a new SD card perhaps?
    Thanks again!
    Anna
  • pacodelgpspacodelgps Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited May 10
    Good morning I have paid for the radars and traffic on my tomtom 6200 and they do not activate, the serial number is ZAxxxxxxxxx32

Mod edit:
    Machine translated (Spanish)
    Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Hi @pacodelgps
    The recent order you placed has not been allocated to your TomTom account/device.
    Please get in touch with our customer service along with the order number and they should help you sort out the subscriptions on the account.

Regards, Vikram