POI's in Go Navigation — TomTom Community

POI's in Go Navigation

Herby2Herby2 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi.

I've recently started to use the Go Navigation app (v2.5) and have a question regarding POI's....
When in the initial map view and you tap on the magnifying glass (top left) some POI icons appear. Is there a way to edit these?
I ask as the second icon is for Petrol Stations but as my next car is likely to be an EV this is not much use. I've found that by entering "electric" in the search field, and selecting "Vehicle Charging Station", brings up a list. However, not easy or convenient when driving.

I've also noticed, when doing the above, you have the option of selecting "Whole Map". If you then tap on the map icon (bottom right) and zoom out you only ever see charging stations local to where you're located. Is this a known bug?

Thanks for any feedback.

Best Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,312 Moderator
    edited May 10 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Herby2

Welcome to the Community! The POI icons that appear in the search are built-in and can not be edited.
    I ask as the second icon is for Petrol Stations but as my next car is likely to be an EV this is not much use.
    Currently, you can not set the vehicle profile (EV, Hybrid, and Combustion Engine) on the GO app for the iPhone but it is something that will be available later this year. For now, you need to manually search for EV POI's.
    If you then tap on the map icon (bottom right) and zoom out you only ever see charging stations local to where you're located. Is this a known bug?
    I'm not sure but I'll check this with my team.

Best, lampard
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 73 [Supreme Navigator]
    Accepted Answer
    When the developers look at POIs please include MyDrive App as well. MyDrive allows imports but then doesn't show them on the map.Inbuilt POIs are fine but users like to be able to import their own and be able to move categories best suited to their needs. Ex replace petrol icon for EV. At the moment POIs are very restrictive.

While I'm making suggestions please please look at organisation of MyFavourites / MyRoutes into user defined folders. Long lists do not do justice to a very clear UI.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,312 Moderator
    edited May 10 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Herby2

Welcome to the Community! The POI icons that appear in the search are built-in and can not be edited.
    I ask as the second icon is for Petrol Stations but as my next car is likely to be an EV this is not much use.
    Currently, you can not set the vehicle profile (EV, Hybrid, and Combustion Engine) on the GO app for the iPhone but it is something that will be available later this year. For now, you need to manually search for EV POI's.
    If you then tap on the map icon (bottom right) and zoom out you only ever see charging stations local to where you're located. Is this a known bug?
    I'm not sure but I'll check this with my team.

Best, lampard
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 73 [Supreme Navigator]
    Accepted Answer
    When the developers look at POIs please include MyDrive App as well. MyDrive allows imports but then doesn't show them on the map.Inbuilt POIs are fine but users like to be able to import their own and be able to move categories best suited to their needs. Ex replace petrol icon for EV. At the moment POIs are very restrictive.

While I'm making suggestions please please look at organisation of MyFavourites / MyRoutes into user defined folders. Long lists do not do justice to a very clear UI.

• Herby2Herby2 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Many thanks for the responses :)