New version 3.0 for GO Navigation App (Android) — TomTom Community

New version 3.0 for GO Navigation App (Android)

lampardlampard Posts: 5,309 Moderator
Hello everyone,

Yesterday, we released an update v3.0.0 for GO Navigation App and it mainly includes the below features:
  • New EV, Hybrid, and Combustion Engine Vehicle Profiles available
  • Real-time EV station availability visible on the map
  • Enhanced Instruction Panel with more route visibility
  • Improved Route Options Panel
  • Speech-to-text input for destination search
  • Send destinations and stops from MyDrive
  • New route types with descriptions available
  • POI labels visible on the map
  • Bug fixes and improvements

Please note that this is a phased roll-out and at the moment, only available to a small number of users.

The latest version is now available for all the users.

Best, lampard

Comments

• MUPMUP Posts: 184 [Exalted Navigator]
    I await with interest the already announced v3.1 for Android Auto.
  • AmirMhmdAmirMhmd Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    Now that the 3.0 has been released when are we expecting 3.1 that works with Android Auto
    As in another thread it has been advised that 3.1 is ready and only waiting for 3.0 to be released
  • MUPMUP Posts: 184 [Exalted Navigator]
    AmirMhmd wrote: »
    when are we expecting 3.1 that works with Android Auto
    paba2 wrote: »
    we hope that users will be enjoying Android Auto and other new features before summer :)

OK, 2021 hopefully :+1:
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 141 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    lampard wrote: »
    [*] POI labels visible on the map

Does this implies that custom POIs are possible now?

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 195
    Staff
    eddydc wrote: »
    lampard wrote: »
    [*] POI labels visible on the map

Does this implies that custom POIs are possible now?

No, we display label with a name of the POI underneath the icon in map view. I will try to grab some screen to show some example.
    Staff
    What kind of POIs are these? Sponsored ones?
    When will custom POIs will be finally possible again and can be shown on screen too?
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 89 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Just installed the 3.0 version. I must say, It works even better then the beta that I'm testing. It responds really fast compared with the 2...versions. Also the maps downloaded very fast. Tomorrow I can test it on the road but first impression is really good. If it's good it may be said also. Good job tomtom team. I also really hope google allows more to tomtom so we can have the full functionality on our car screen.
    edited May 8
    Today I had some test drives. I found one bug. I have set the setting to alert for traffic delays off (see screenshot), however it is still announced so the setting has no effect. I use the Dutch computer voice Ellen. mirp1hwh4ei9.jpg
    Yes I agree. Most things I notice is the speedlimits are incorrect. But I must also say that couple of things I reported in mapshare are now on the map. But other things not. I also don't know what the logic of it is. I really believe that tomtom has the ability to become a nr1 product. But they have to change some things indeed. Like it or not in my opinion in map data accuracy is waze at this moment the best. If you report something next day it's live on the map in the app. Apple maps is now also trying to set up such a system. Tomtom also with amigo for reports but they must also think of a system that users can easily report map faults and then they must also make the updates quicker. I can't believe that waze is the only player that can build such a quick system... But it seems till this moment it is....
  • dezmodezmo Posts: 42 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited May 9
    Now I see version 3.x is in the state that 2.x could have started ... So TT is start to get back my trust again. ;)

I would like to suggest a small changes.
    Currently when we planning the route, the alternatives panel will show the estimated time of arrival and the remaining distance only.
    I would like to ask to put the remaining time to it like you see in the screenshot. I put the new field here myself marked with red rectangle (sure the red rectangle not needed.)
    e8k80l4h7h59.png
    I would prefer bigger font size as well, since there is a lot empty space still...
    @dezmo,
    I like the idea. Indeed a lot of free space. You can also add the road number so you can see wich route you want to choose.
    For example if you plan a route, you can drive on highway E34(suggested) , E313(alternative 1) or E17 (alternative 2).
  • Cjuk81Cjuk81 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I like it, a big improvement over version 2, a towing option would be nice also in the route or vehicle types, even if it was just a speed limit restriction, so 60mph in the UK when towing for example on the motoway. But it's a step in the right direction.
    Staff
    dezmo wrote: »
    Now I see version 3.x is in the state that 2.x could have started ... So TT is start to get back my trust again. ;)

I would like to suggest a small changes.
    Currently when we planning the route, the alternatives panel will show the estimated time of arrival and the remaining distance only.
    I would like to ask to put the remaining time to it like you see in the screenshot. I put the new field here myself marked with red rectangle (sure the red rectangle not needed.)
    e8k80l4h7h59.png
    I would prefer bigger font size as well, since there is a lot empty space still...

Hi, we have this issue tracked under following improvement: NAV-16684 (Displaying only distance in route comparison when set to 'both' in arrival info is confusing for the end users).
    I will notify as soon as we get this issue fixed. I can't provide any dates though :(
  • MattiGMattiG Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Installing the version seems to clear the home address and all earlier destinations. Hard to understand how a company advertising its reputation in software development ends up to such a primitive design. The golden rule #1 for commercial application development is easy: Do not lose data and settings when deploying a new release.
  • Marek_MkZMarek_MkZ Posts: 40 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited May 12
    I've encountered small problem with autozoom. Sometimes it doesn't work properly - from the beginning of navigation map is not automatically zoomed on crossroads/roundabouts until I change map view with compass icon to route outline and back to navigation (3D) view. After that it works OK. This misbehaviour occurs randomly from time to time so it's difficult to reproduce it but I suspect that it can occur after longer brake in using apk.
    Staff
    Thanks @Marek_MkZ , we will also monitor this issue while testing. If you find more concrete steps to reproduce, let us know.
    szachowa wrote: »
    Thanks @Marek_MkZ , we will also monitor this issue while testing. If you find more concrete steps to reproduce, let us know.

I've mentioned that issue already earlier in this thread. I hope that you would also have a look at my other issues raised.
  • paba2paba2 Posts: 40
    Staff
    @MattiG I wonder if you experience rather this issue
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1757038/#Comment_1757038

do you have links to contacts/photos in your MyPlaces screen? can you still find your saved home location just by typing Home in address search?
    Staff
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    @dezmo,
    I like the idea. Indeed a lot of free space. You can also add the road number so you can see wich route you want to choose.
    For example if you plan a route, you can drive on highway E34(suggested) , E313(alternative 1) or E17 (alternative 2).

This is nice idea actually. Please note that we use the second line in the route comparison panel item (line below the ETA) to display information about route segments along the route. For instance, we display there that there is going to be highway segment along the route, toll booth, ferry, tunnel. Adding road number there could be a challenge, since it is hard to tell what is more important to all users.
    Also we use right side of the second line to display information about traffic delay in route comparison panel items.
    Staff
    MattiG wrote: »
    Installing the version seems to clear the home address and all earlier destinations. Hard to understand how a company advertising its reputation in software development ends up to such a primitive design. The golden rule #1 for commercial application development is easy: Do not lose data and settings when deploying a new release.

Hi @MattiG , do you remember if the update was done from 2.3.7 to 3.0.0 version? Knowing what version was installed on your phone before the update would help us in investigation.
    Additionally, do you remember if your home/favs/recents were stored locally or were actually synced from MyDrive?
    Staff
    Today I had some test drives. I found one bug. I have set the setting to alert for traffic delays off (see screenshot), however it is still announced so the setting has no effect. I use the Dutch computer voice Ellen. mirp1hwh4ei9.jpg

I have found that we have ticket reported for this: NAVAPP-41098 ('Traffic jam ahead' toggle is misleading).
    In the ticket I can see, that the toggle is responsible for controlling visual aspect of the traffic jam ahead alert. Since this is quite surprising for me, I will check it and get back to you.
  • tomdarktomdark Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited May 14

I have found that we have ticket reported for this: NAVAPP-41098 ('Traffic jam ahead' toggle is misleading).
    In the ticket I can see, that the toggle is responsible for controlling visual aspect of the traffic jam ahead alert. Since this is quite surprising for me, I will check it and get back to you.

I am having the same issue, with traffic alerts being given aloud even when the option is off.
    The only way not to be disturbed by traffic alerts is switching off audio completely, but this is quite annoying.
    In previous versions of the app it was possible not to hear these long spoken traffic alerts.
    I hope this bug can be solved quickly.
    Staff
    tomdark wrote: »

I am having the same issue, with traffic alerts being given aloud even when the option is off.
    The only way not to be disturbed by traffic alerts is switching off audio completely, but this is quite annoying.
    In previous versions of the app it was possible not to hear these long spoken traffic alerts.

I will check that, I have it on my todo list.
    @tomdark , do you remember which version of the app did use before when this toggle was functioning OK?

Other workaround for this is to use Recorded voice instead of Computer voice. But for this workaround you have to be sure that there is no other Computer voice downloaded.
  • tomdarktomdark Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    tomdark wrote: »

I will check that, I have it on my todo list.
    @tomdark , do you remember which version of the app did use before when this toggle was functioning OK?

Other workaround for this is to use Recorded voice instead of Computer voice. But for this workaround you have to be sure that there is no other Computer voice downloaded.

I was using version 2.x, then stopped using the app and did not renew the subscription due to prolonged lockdowns... Now on version 3.0.

I will try the workaround of removing computer voices, maybe this is the reason why I was not getting the alerts before, I have never liked too much computer voices and maybe last time I had deleted computer voices without knowing this was beneficial for the issue.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0