Calibrate Screen TomTom Truck — TomTom Community

Calibrate Screen TomTom Truck

Hi,

I have a Tomtom Truck Pro Model 4CR52.

The touchscreen was malfunctioning so I was forced to trade the touchscreen for a new one, fortunately a repair shop was abre to swap it successfully but now the new touchscreen it not calibrated, so some clicks on the screen are impossible to be done. From what I've seen arround forums, you could calibrate the screen by adding a cal.txt to root folder in order for it to read but I believe this model has internal storage only. On the botton it has 2 slots, one for 3G card and another for a Micro SD. I´ve tried to add a microSD formatted as FAT32 with only 2 files in it, cal.txt and calib.txt and as I start the GPS, if I click the powet button uppon the chim it shows some stats, some of then where the touchscreen previous calibration but even changing only a value by 10 from the initial calibration and putting it on the MicroSD has no influence whatsoever.

Is there any tool to mount the internal memory of the device or to upload just the cal.txt file to the device in order to make it work properly again?

Best Answer

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,030 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    Hello
    On the new GPS Truck which connects to Mydrive connect it is not possible to calibrate a screen.

Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,030 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    Hello
    On the new GPS Truck which connects to Mydrive connect it is not possible to calibrate a screen.
  • PainasPainas Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    So, if a functional unit, wich only has a cracked touchscreen, gets its touchscreen replaced is now completly e-waste? There has to be a way to calibrate the screen....
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,263
    Superusers
    edited May 4
    Hi
    @Painas
    Sorry NO... The end-user has NO access to the Operating System....
    When the NAV3 devices launched Tomtom adopted a new totally secure O/S... With the devices updating over a Network.... The system is still secure and still in use with the previous NAV4 the latest Wi-Fi devices.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • PainasPainas Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi @YamFazMan
    Is there anyone or anyplace where I can send to calibrate this screen then?