Stuck at "Updating" MyDrive Connect Server busy error — TomTom Community

Stuck at "Updating" MyDrive Connect Server busy error

Trying to update nav before updating map etc., on a Start 50/5 but screen on gps just gets stuck at ""Updating - do not disconnect device"
Then in MyDriveConnect unit disappears and MDC says, unit not connected. Or something with servers overloaded.
I tried resetting gps, deleting MDC and reinstalling but that didnt do anything.
Pls help
SN: VJ 3225K02149

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 635 [Revered Pioneer]
    clear cache in mydrive connect
  • ThomasDKThomasDK Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    clear cache in mydrive connect

How to do that on Win10?
    I read other did that to no avail?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,253
    Superusers
    Hi
    @ThomasDK
    Welcome to the site....
    If I have a problem with MyDrive Connect... I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1704775/#Comment_1704775

On a Mac....
    The "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders are located here...
    MacOS: Users\Username\Library\Application Support\TomTom\

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • PauloAlexandrePauloAlexandre Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    edited May 3
    Hi, my START 20 ( AYxxxxxxx88) when i want to upgrade says that the service is temporarily unavailable ,and try again later for the last 3 days.
    What´s the problem ?

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • DJ1411DJ1411 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Device is reconised on My Drive Connect but will not accept any updates
    It didnt help.
    Its weird. I connect the gps and gps says connected to computer on the screen.
    Then, when I start update, MDC says that unit doesnt respond and a few minutes after MDC promts that servers are very busy.

I really dont get that updating a frigging TomTom gps in 2021 could be this kind of a hassle!!
  • ZenaHZenaH Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    edited May 2
    I'm experiencing similar to other members where the software updates won't complete via Mydrive Connect. See a message every time that server is busy, try again later. This has been like this for days and retry doesn't work.

I have tried all the advice on the forum including uninstalling/reinstalling several times, shut down/re-start but still the same issue.

Has anyone been able to get past this issue and can offer other options to try? Device is Start 25.

thanks in advance,
  • DTABDTAB Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I've been trying for a day now to update my 1515M TomTom but no luck. I've tried deleting and reinstalling MyDRive. I get 2 errors.

Something has gone wrong... I get that on the device and select continue.

MyDrive shows my device connected but when I try to update it gets stuck with "Waiting for Device" and will not update and then a message "Device Is Not Responding". Never had a problem like this before.

I guess I'll use it for a while with out of date maps and then throw it away! Not much point in getting free lifetime maps if it can't be updated. I'll try another brand next time.
  • MutzGCMutzGC Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    Hi, I'm trying to upgrade my TomTom 1535 with the latest maps, all goes well until it starts downloading from the Mac computer to my TomTom 1535 GPS. I keep getting the message on the GPS "Something has gone wrong....This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The TomTom My Drive recognise the GPS but when it time to load up the new maps it states the above. Have restarted and replugged the device to no avail.
    can any one help?
    Cheers Murray
    How is it possible to contact TomTom support?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,253
    Superusers
    Hi
    @ThomasDK
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    1st... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM