Tom Tom go premium speed cameras — TomTom Community

Tom Tom go premium speed cameras

Hi all

I have recently purchased the 6 inch Tom Tom go premium but when I go into about and click on speed cameras it’s activated but when clicked on the activated it then says that the Tom Tom services are temporarily unavailable please try again.

We have the 5 inch purchased two weeks before the 6 inch one and the speed cameras are all fine on it! What I don’t have on the 6 inch is ability to add speed camera locations that the Tom Tom doesn’t have

Thanks

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,219
    Superusers
    edited May 1
    Hi
    @Toddy1874
    Re... The TomTom Go Premium... You can add 3rd party POI's, but you can't install the associated .BMP Icon Files... Also, you cannot set a warning sound for 3rd parry POI's like a Speed Cam database...

For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    Serena or Malcolm here in the UK
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices' menu for spoken Speed Cam warnings)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    Along with the standard triple 'dong dong dong' warning the device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Toddy1874Toddy1874 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi thanks for the reply

I just don’t understand how one unit is working and the the other one isn’t and they are the same models on difference is the screen size.

Is that anybody that can check that my cameras are in fact activated and so that the unit can connect to the Tom Tom services?

Thanks