Screen keeps going black. — TomTom Community

Screen keeps going black.

JockoJocko Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
The app freezes, then the screen goes black for a few minutes (Back, Home and close buttons still there) then the app reloads and continues as if nothing had happened.

Comments

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,730
    Superusers
    Have you stored the Maps on the iternal Memory or on a Memory Card?
    Wich Phone and wich OS Version do you have?
    Have you tryed to clear the cahce of the App?
  • JockoJocko Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The phone is a Vodafone V10. OS is 9-210FCG1. Maps were stored by default so I have no idea where they are. I do not know how to clear the cache of the app.
    Found out how to clear the cache so I have done so.
    App Info says 1.00 GB used in internal storage.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,730
    Superusers
    Jocko wrote: »
    App Info says 1.00 GB used in internal storage.

THen the Maps are internal and that is a good thing.
    Unfortunately i have no idea where the cause could be
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 55
    Staff
    @Jocko , please let us know if you still experience the issue when you download the maps to the internal storage.
    The maps have always been on internal storage. The app appears to close itself down (the screen goes to my black default screen) the after two or three minutes the app reloads and carries on from where I am, with the announcement "You will reach your destination at............." This has only started towards the end of my free trial. I was intending to subscribe, but now I am not too sure. It is one thing failing on a regular route, another in an unfamiliar city.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 55
    Staff
    Hi @Jocko , please send me direct message with your appID taken from About screen.
    We will see if there is anything obvious in our tool for collecting the crashes.