Create my own POI — TomTom Community

Create my own POI

I have been using POI Editor made by SoftTop Corp to create and edit all my personal POI. But this year almost all my POI are not being displayed correctly. Not sure if an update causes this on my Go620 or me. I there any recommended POI Editor out there worth trying? I do not want to import any of those Custom POI that is being shared by the world and do not like to use the On-Line POI editor.

Best Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,253
    Superusers
    edited April 30 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @fredque2
    Welcome to the site....
    I use the Free, slightly quirky, but very good ITN Converter....
    POI Editor/Route planner....
    ITN Converter/Route planner has a huge number of Map types The Tomtom Routes Map is included, the ITN Converter also Saves/Exports a huge number of route file types

ITN Converter will also export straight to.....
    Tomtom Home...
    Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner
    Tomtom itinerary (.ITN)
    Tomtom POI (.Ov2)

The ITN Converter is quirky because it uses two Windows, one with all the save/export options the other, being the "Editor Window" where you plan your routes
    You use the large green tick to switch between Editor (Planning) and the window with all the save/export options
    Get ITN Converter here...
    http://www.benichou-software.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&itemid=3&lang=en

There is a Tomtom Map...
    4qmj3d8jk79x.jpg

ftljbjbkeifi.jpg
    I also think the ITN Converters ViaMichelin and the Nokia OVI Maps also appear to be a good match to Tomtom Maps....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • fredque2fredque2 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you so much. I was able to edit my POI is being displayed correctly on my Go620. Better than the other 2 software I been using.
    :+1:

Answers

Superusers
    edited April 30 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @fredque2
    Welcome to the site....
    I use the Free, slightly quirky, but very good ITN Converter....
    POI Editor/Route planner....
    ITN Converter/Route planner has a huge number of Map types The Tomtom Routes Map is included, the ITN Converter also Saves/Exports a huge number of route file types

ITN Converter will also export straight to.....
    Tomtom Home...
    Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner
    Tomtom itinerary (.ITN)
    Tomtom POI (.Ov2)

The ITN Converter is quirky because it uses two Windows, one with all the save/export options the other, being the "Editor Window" where you plan your routes
    You use the large green tick to switch between Editor (Planning) and the window with all the save/export options
    Get ITN Converter here...
    http://www.benichou-software.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&itemid=3&lang=en

There is a Tomtom Map...
    4qmj3d8jk79x.jpg

ftljbjbkeifi.jpg
    I also think the ITN Converters ViaMichelin and the Nokia OVI Maps also appear to be a good match to Tomtom Maps....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • fredque2fredque2 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you so much. I was able to edit my POI is being displayed correctly on my Go620. Better than the other 2 software I been using.
    :+1:
    Superusers
    Hi
    @fredque2
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM