iOS 14.5 and CarPlay Issue — TomTom Community

iOS 14.5 and CarPlay Issue

gsalatinogsalatino Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
With the latest update to iOS14.5, the map is no longer displayed on the CarPlay home screen, the frame appears white with the app icon.

Clicking on it opens the map in full screen and it works normally.

Comments

• ToolheadToolhead Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited April 29
    huvdvfne2nma.jpg
    Same here, quite annoying!
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,113
    Community Manager
    Thanks for this! We were able to reproduce this with iOS 14.5
    (GONAV-3048)
  • gsalatinogsalatino Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I hope the new release 2.6 will be available soon….
  • GummibandoGummibando Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    edited May 6
    @Jürgen

Same issue here.

Some additional comments:

When trying to bring the app to front via the CarPlay dashboard, only a black screen is shown.

I can get the navigation to work in CarPlay if I open the app and start the navigation on the phone prior to connecting to CarPlay.
    But then the navigation preview in the CarPlay dashboard only shows the starting location without the route.
    Please see following screenshot (I'm actually driving here along a route. The route is shown perfectly fine in the app, but not in the dashboard.)

b4tuusv9darp.png

When launching the app on the phone while connected to CarPlay, the app sometimes hangs in the loading screen indefinitely.

Best, Oli
  • CuzerCuzer Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I get the hanging issue loads, often have to pull over and try a combination of on the app or via the phone before it eventually connects

Never used to be this problematic for connecting until recently?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,229 Moderator
    Hi @Gummibando

As Jurgen mentioned above, we already identified this issue where the dashboard doesn't work on iOS 14.5 with no route planned in the app. It appears to be an apple issue.

I believe you have the iOS14.5 installed? You need to open the app on full screen, then go back to the dashboard and it will work (as a workaround).

Best, lampard
  • GummibandoGummibando Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard

Thanks. I assume the other issues I mentioned (no route display in the dashboard navigation quadrant etc.) all derive from the parent issue?