computer voices

bazzabugs
bazzabugs Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
hi i have lost the computer voices from my TOMTOM HGV GO PROFFESIONAL 620 SATNAV.
i have tried to download them off the tomtom site and on my drive but it saying they are unavailable. I only have 2 voices installed. when i go on voice control it says voice control can not be used with your display language.
so its unable to read messages ect .I need the computer voices to enable this.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,820
    Superuser
    Hi
    @bazzabugs
    Welcome to the site....
    Which Computer Voice/s do you need to install....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and maybe allocate the Voice/s to your Tomtom Account.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • bazzabugs
    Apprentice Seeker
    hi YamFazMan i just need the standard computer voice. When i updated the device it lock up after stuck on the update for over 12 hrs so i had to restore it. Then i realized i had not voices so i downloaded 2 voices Jane and tom but these cant be used for reading message or voice control. i have sent the moderators a message hopefully they can send them through MyDrive.
    thank you for your help
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,801
    Hi @bazzabugs
    Welcome to the community! Two computer voices have been activated for your GO PROFESSIONAL.

Please check for updates now!

Regards, Vikram
  • bazzabugs
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thankyou very much for you help in this.
  • Srekamedar
    Srekamedar Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    Would this type of activation (via one of the moderators here) be a viable route to restore the sound of the computer voice that I need (Dutch Computer voice 'Xander') ?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,820
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Srekamedar
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and make the Xander Computer voice available to download.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,801
    Hi @Srekamedar
    Sorry about my late reply..
    The voice has been activated for your TomTom. It should be offered as a download now...

Regards,
    Vikram
  • Srekamedar
    Srekamedar Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited September 2021
    Thanks @VikramK,
    I'll try again from the start...

EDIT: THIS DOESN'T WORK - the computer voice I was using before (CV 'Xander' - Dutch). is still nowhere to be found ; neither via my account, nor on the TT 620 itself.
    Apart from that, whatever I try, the voice commands don't work either.
    So I'm still stuck in the middle!

Regards,
    Bart
  • terrytyler
    terrytyler Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    After the last update, I do not have a computer voice available on my device, they are greyed out. How can i get my Computer voice back (UK English). Thanks Terry
  • Wlady
    Wlady Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    edited September 2021
    Hello, after the last update it no longer finds the synthesized voices, but if you reset the device, the voices return, but the next time you switch them on they disappear again.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Italian)