Stuck in recovery loop — TomTom Community

Stuck in recovery loop

As others have posted, my device is stuck in recovery loop. Updates with my connect to 100%, restarts, then goes back to recovery again. Have left it doing this for over 5 hours. Have tried everything i can think of, but no success. It’s obviously just a software issue, but how can I resolve it?

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,732
    Superuser
    Hi @Gareth_Bryant

Lest see what @VikramK or @lampard have to suggest after they have reviewed the logs for your unit on the TT servers.

Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    Hi @Gareth_Bryant
    Welcome to the community!
    My team has pushed a script that will repair the firmware on the device. Just connect it to the computer and open MyDrive Connect.

The jobs will get processed automatically.

Should this not help then my advice would be to contact our customer care team.

Regards, Vikram.
  • Gareth_BryantGareth_Bryant Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram. No success I’m afraid, device recovers to 100% on version 4.2.11.4200, reboot with progress bar to 100%, then reboots again with progress bar to approx 25%, then back to restore screen and repeats above. Frustrating, as I used this unit every day on my travels around the UK, and it has lifelong maps and cameras. Hardware seems ok, but I’m not keen on replacing it (expensive!) just for a firmware/software issue. Only happened after I updated the software as recommended.
    Is there any way the unit can be reset back to original settings? Like a re-install if you like? Or is that what my drive is trying and failing to do?
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,686
    Superusers
    Sometimes a memory card inserted in the device can prevent recovery mode.
    I hope you do not have a memory card in the device.
    Hi Lochfrass, thanks for the comment. No, no memory card inserted
  • richlynnerichlynne Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Mine is doing the same.
    I reset, plug into computer following information and it just keeps going in a loop. It doesn’t actually turn off as it should.
    Has any solutions been available
  • NeverillflyNeverillfly Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    Hey guys,

after updating my TomTom GO 520 over Wifi, it restarted and it's now stuck at the boot screen. I tried to reset it by pressing the power button, waiting to hear the drum noise, but instead, the screen turns off and then goes back to the TomTom screen.

I also tried to plug it into several computers, but it seems that none of them even recognize that there's a device plugged in.

Any other recommendations?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,253
    Superusers
    Hi
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    1st... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM