Plan a thrill avoid single lane roads? — TomTom Community

Plan a thrill avoid single lane roads?

JayninjaJayninja Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited April 28 in RIDER
Afternoon all,

I planned a thrill ride eaier today (medium hilliness, medium twisties) avoid unpaved roads.
However the Rider 550 took me on 40mph and some part were nsl but they were single lane with gravel so could barely do 20 let alone 40.

For faster better roads what would be the ideal setting in a plan a thrill option?

Planned route was from Da1 to Henfield Rd, Horsham RH13 8DU

Best Answer

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 684 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    No TomTom has no option to avoid single lanes.
    I use MyRouteApp Gold (payed) this routeplanner has the option to switch between maps. The Here map doesn’t like single lane roads so this can be an option for you. Also, you can use Street View to check the road while planning.

Personally, I am sill looking for an option to avoid roads with a low speed limit and urban areas. Sadly, still didn’t find this option in combination with curvy roads.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,253
    Superusers
    edited April 28
    Hi
    @Jayninja
    Jayninja wrote: »
    (Snip)I planned a thrill ride earlier today (medium hilliness, medium twisties) and avoid unpaved roads.
    However, the Rider 550 took me on 40mph and some part were nsl but they were single lane with gravel so could barely do 20 let alone 40 mph (Snip)
    I recall a discussion a while ago where the 'Plan a thrill' option was returning 'No route possible'

Avoid Unpaved roads on every route Ignored....
    I recall this as being a compromise to a 'No Route Possible' error
    When the Thrill route option was introduced, in certain circumstances where a user had set 'Avoid on every route + 'Unpaved roads', the device reported 'No Route possible'... When in fact there was a route possible but using 'Unpaved roads'

If you have 'Avoid on every route + Unpaved roads' (or one or more of the other 3 options) set, and you want to pre-check a route....
    After the device has calculated the route Tap the 4Dot (....) --> Tap Current Route... If the Route is OK the 'Avoid Toll and More' Icon will be greyed out
    If the 'Avoid Toll and More' Icon is highlighted Tap on the 'Avoid Toll and More' Icon
    The option/s causing the problem/s will be highlighted

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • JayninjaJayninja Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Is there a way to avoid single lanes at all?. I generally plan the route in my laptop then sync to the 550.
    Accepted Answer
    No TomTom has no option to avoid single lanes.
    I use MyRouteApp Gold (payed) this routeplanner has the option to switch between maps. The Here map doesn’t like single lane roads so this can be an option for you. Also, you can use Street View to check the road while planning.

Personally, I am sill looking for an option to avoid roads with a low speed limit and urban areas. Sadly, still didn’t find this option in combination with curvy roads.
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 127 [Supreme Navigator]
    Guys,
    I've complaining about there being no "No Crappy Little Roads" option for ages.

More often than not these little back lanes found by the algorithm as the fastest route are usually a whole lot slower and if you've got a thing about hitting a tractor or just cow crap they turn out to be the wrong sort of thrilling.
    I really like those small curvy roads.

For me the option to avoid urban area’s and low speed 30 .. 60 km/h roads is missing.

So two extra sliders for speed and urbanness will make the trilling route option perfect for me.