How do I get a refund?

crowbe1
crowbe1 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited August 2021 in Map purchase & installation
Bought a map with updates included. Turns out it's actually a subscription service that you have to pay for per year.

NOT apparent till I bought the thing and saw the word "subscription" for the first time in the receipt. Desperately need a refund now and no idea how to get one. Going around and around in circles in the help area and forums. Never seen anything like it!

Any help appreciated.
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,283
    Hi @crowbe1
    Welcome to the community! Did you buy a yearly subscription?
    A yearly subscription allows you to downloads 4 new maps released during the year(every quarter).

Refund related questions are should go to our customer service.

Helpful link- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Regards, Vikram
  • crowbe1
    crowbe1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Yeah it looks like I have, but I would've run a mile if i saw the word "subscrition". It is possible I just didn't spot it there.

I think where it says the price it really should say "/year" afterward to make it clear at the very least. After an hour or so I've found the refund form. Looks like all the phones are down and there's no chat option.
  • SandysHonda
    SandysHonda Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    edited May 25
    Can I have a refund please of £3.99 month subscription paid to my credit card on 22 May 2022.

I have not used the program for several weeks now and do not intend using it in future at this time.

Regards,
    A Grieve
    [email protected]

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,491
    Revered Voyager
    edited May 25
    @SandysHonda

I don't think it's possible to get a refund, but you can stop the next direct debits. https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013902260
  • Duffyontheroad
    Duffyontheroad Registered Users Posts: 3
    Novice Seeker
    Wow! great company if you are unable to get a refund for services you can't use. Sure need to get the word out that you should not buy a TomTom. They have now charged my credit card for updates for 2 years and I can't even find a way to stop the charges.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,491
    Revered Voyager
    edited July 30
    @Duffyontheroad

How to cancel an ongoing service subscription https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013902260

What is written when you clicked "place order"

***To register for a subscription, you must make payment for the amount of the recurring subscription. When you pay for the subscription using your preferred payment method, your payment details will be transmitted to TomTom. By clicking the 'Checkout' button during checkout, you authorize TomTom to collect the relevant subscription amount, followed by a direct debit for all subsequent subscription charges. If you click "Place Order" during checkout, you agree that your subscription will start immediately and that you can no longer cancel the contract to receive a refund. If you do not cancel your subscription, we will charge monthly or annual fees on a recurring basis to the payment method on file. You can cancel at any time. It starts at the end of the billing period.
  • Duffyontheroad
    Duffyontheroad Registered Users Posts: 3
    Novice Seeker
    I thought that there was a law in the US which requires companies to give a customer notice prior to charging your credit card for an annual fee for service. Apparently I got caught with a company that does not care about their customers. Sure is sad to think that in this day and age we still have companies that can scam you out 60 to 70$ of your money without any way of contacting them and if you do try to contact them you get no answer to your phone calls or emails.