My Renault Megane (2012) tomtom has just come up with 'no maps found'. What can I do? — TomTom Community

My Renault Megane (2012) tomtom has just come up with 'no maps found'. What can I do?

natnorthnatnorth Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have taken the SD card out, connected it to the computer (showing the full list of files) and restored a 2020 back up. Then updated the UK map. But still nothing on the satnav.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    Hi @natnorth
    Welcome to the community!
    I would suggest trying the restore process in the sequence as mentioned below-

0epatvqvczr9.jpg

Note: If the content in the image is not clear then please right-click and open in a new tab/window.

Regards, Vikram
  • natnorthnatnorth Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi
    I did all of this and there's some improvement - the device cycled between the car image and the hourglass, but did this several times without getting to open the map. Should I replace the SD card and repeat the process?
    I repeated the process [previously, I had re-loaded the files onto the disk], but now when I insert the SD card into the computer and start TomTom, it says 'SD card is write protected'. With some difficulty, using the CMD line I cleared this, but now Tomtom says 'no device. If I remove and reinsert, it now says 'write protected' again
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    @natnorth
    Not 100% sure but I think the problem could be with the SD card.
    Do you have an alternate SD to try the same process?

Thanks, Vikram

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll get hold of a new SD card & try again