no map on the online route planner — TomTom Community

no map on the online route planner

fatheralexisfatheralexis Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
There is no map on the online route planner. Just traffic info, but no roads.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,060
    Superusers
    Hi
    @fatheralexis
    Welcome to the site
    Have you tried clearing the Cookie Cache in your Browser ???

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM
  • fatheralexisfatheralexis Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Yes. It did not work. I tried a different browser but no luck. I reinstalled TomTom Home. Still the same. This is what it looks like:
    tvydqy15fny5.jpg
  • fatheralexisfatheralexis Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    restarted computer. Still no roads.
  • Rich1325Rich1325 Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    edited April 25
    I always route in mydrive. All of a sudden I can not see the map. I only see a blank screen with the route. I tried signing out and back in to no avail. Please help!
  • abowenabowen Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same thing here, on Mac OS and Windows with Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.
    I don't understand the comment. Are you saying that your computer does the same thing or that it stopped working on mac's?
  • candersoncanderson Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited April 24
    As identified since yesterday in the beta forum, we see incomplete or no map tiles on the MyDrive Web service here in North America. European users aren't seeing this issue. I'd provide screen shots, but not possible here.
    Traffic data overlay shows on the screen, but not the underlying map.

If the production MyDrive folks want additional reports, details and screen shots, PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.
  • ChuckstergunChuckstergun Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I've been using the Route Planner for a couple of years. Last week I created several legs for a trip using the Route Planner. I opened it yesterday (4/23/21) and there is a blank screen, (ie, no map data). All my legs are there, but there are no streets or cities in the map area. Also down loaded the MyDrive App, same problem. Also cleared my cookies, didn't help. Rebooted my PC as well as my network, didn't help.
    I have a Windows 10PC
    Anyone know a fix for this?
  • ChuckstergunChuckstergun Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Im having the same problem as you. noticed it yesterday (4/23/21)/ Also left a post and emailed TomTom with a screen capture. I live in San Diego, CA
  • cbrfireblade cbrfireblade Posts: 83 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Same for me all of a sudden on mydrive if you don't zoom in as far as possible you can't see any roads, towns or cities on the map which makes it very awkward when trying to plan a route.
  • Rod451Rod451 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Same here, all I seem to have are some traffic icons. I've tried different web browsers and computers (Mac) with similar results.
    compare the two maps mydrive and mapshare the mapshare map is much easier to see and read than the mydrive map. The mydrive map was ok but something has been changed or updated on mydrive map making it difficult to see roads etc when trying to plan a route.
  • Danno64Danno64 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    All US Map detail besides only major roads in MyDrive has now disappeared. It's impossible to plan and refine a route.
    Here's an example at 200 ft zoom. There are approximately 20 streets that shoudl show up in this zoomed in range. All but major highways in the area are missing. 836ttlo7nwp2.jpg
    edited April 24
    Yes, same here in the US (Minnesota). All detail except traffic and major roads is missing.
    In this image, there should be over 20 streets showing when zoomed in to this 200 ft level, but none of the side streets appear. 2e3iaccvsc4q.jpg
  • duchondaduchonda Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited April 25
    Service is S*&T from TomTom. So obvious no one is monitoring the service.

Tomtom a telecom shop from the 1990's.

What a joke.
  • steverainmansteverainman Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    having the same problems and with no response from tomtom is a poor glade i still have my GRAMIN

TOM TOM IS A JOKE
  • steverainmansteverainman Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I did the same thing you did I've been using the Route Planner for a couple of years. Last week I created several legs for a trip using the Route Planner. I opened it yesterday (4/23/21) and there is a blank screen, (ie, no map data). All my legs are there, but there are no streets or cities in the map area. Also down loaded the MyDrive App, same problem. Also cleared my cookies, didn't help. Rebooted my PC as well as my network, didn't help.
    This is crazy! Tomtom are you listening? You just made the Tomtom useless for routing...
    Getting very disheartened, losing faith and trust in tomtom.
    Rich1325 wrote: »
    This is crazy! Tomtom are you listening? You just made the Tomtom useless for routing...

Agree Rich1325 this new map layout on mydrive makes it nearly impossible to plan routes because unless you zoom in fully 100% streets, towns, cities etc etc are just not visible making the new map layout hopeless for route planning. Come on tomtom get your act together
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,363
    Superusers
    @VikramK

Please note this problem (appears to be in North America only) and get the proper person who runs the mapping server at Tomtom to get off the pot and reboot the server!!
    sorry but I live in spain and the mydrive map on my pc was fine but suddenly it has changed and now the map is hard to read and see and the vast majority of roads etc are just not visable without zooming in 100% making route planning vertically impossible.
  • CannedHeatCannedHeat Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello

When i'm connecting to my drive ( the route planner software), i didn't get the map to route on.
    I only get icons about roadworks and traffic issue on a brown background.
    I didn't have roads nor any informations about the topography.
    It looks like the soft doesn't load the map.
    Does some one encouter the same issue or has a idea how to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

CannedHeat
  • outdooroutdoor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here. Very annoying. Can't seem to find any info anywhere if it is down. Also on my Android, it sort of works but every so often i get an error tom tom services message