MyDrive connect my content problem (windows 10) — TomTom Community

MyDrive connect my content problem (windows 10)

S_SimonS_Simon Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
edited April 22 in MyDrive Connect
Hi all! Could you help me? The my content menu in the TomTom MyDrive Connect application (windows 10) is empty. Yesterday i could see the maps (installed maps + available maps), the installed voices, and speed camera updates.
And today nothing. I can see that the TomTom GO Basic is connected, and up to date. (It says that the GPS has 0 Bytes free of its storage, but it isn't true as well)
On the GPS I can also see that the device is up to date, but I can't add maps (I succeeded adding 3 maps few days before).
Thank you for your help in advance.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,067
    Superusers
    Hi
    @S_Simon
    Welcome to the device....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Free Space
    The device also uses the onboard Memory for the Operating System + 400MB is used for working space and is considered the bare minimum free space for the device to operate....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • S_SimonS_Simon Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    edited April 22
    Hi @YamFazMan,

thanks for the reply, but the problem is not the "device is full", only the win 10 application can't see correctly all of the data of the GPS. (yesterday it still did)

Did you mean?
    on the gps:
    settings/system/about ---> 6,9 GB free space.
  • Rimi56Rimi56 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi,

same problem here! All my content (maps, cameras, voices) is no longer visible in the Mydrive Connect software on my Win10 PC. I've installed it on a different PC but without luck...
    Superusers
    edited April 22
    Hi
    @S_Simon
    @Rimi56
    First Try....
    Disconnect your Tomtom device....
    (Do not Reconnect your device until instructed)
    Logout of MyDrive Connect....
    From the Power menu >> RESTART << your PC (NOT Turn it Off 'n' On again)....
    Run MyDrive Connect....
    Login to MyDrive Connect...
    Connect & Start your device....

Important....
    NEVER have a Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown below)

Having your device connected can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1704775/#Comment_1704775

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    @YamFazMan,

1st method
    disconnect device
    logout & quit MyDrive Conn.
    restart PC
    run & login MyDrive Conn.
    connect & start the device ---> the same bad result

2nd method:
    disconnect device
    restart device (with 15+ sec. power button)
    logout & quit MyDrive Conn.
    delete "Home3" & "MyDrive Connect" folders (.../AppData/Local/Tomtom/)
    restart PC
    connect device
    run MyDrive Connect
    3 checkbox in
    login MyDrive Connect ---> unfortunately the same bad result

(I made the experiments from the links you provided)

These are self-evident things, but thank you for the tip:
    "Important....
    NEVER have a Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown below)"

And thank you for the helping purpose.
    Unfortunately the only thing I know, that yesterday it worked, today doesn't.

But...it comes to my mind now: in the morning I turned on the device (it connects after turning on always to my home WI-FI), I doesn't saw in the settings menu that the "device is up to date", it made a little program update. After it wrote "up to date".

I did everything as prescribed in the manual.
    Could be this official update wrong?
    edited April 23
    Hi @YamFazMan,

I've tried all of your suggestions on my Windows pc but it didn't help. In addition I did a fresh install on my Mac pc but I've got the same problems...

My device (a Go 5000 upgraded to 5100 with lifetime subscriptions) is shown as connected but with 0 Bytes free and without any content. The device itself is still fine with all maps installed and with 1,13 Gbyte free internal memory and 9,53 Gbyte free memory on my SD card.

I'm not sure when I've run the last updates (I had to run it via Mydrive Connect because the Go 5100 doesn't have wlan) but I can remember that a device upgrade were included.
    Hi @Rimi56,

I hope that the next software update (of the device or of the MD Connect) will solve the problem.
    But I don't know wether the device can see the updates, because it can't see the downloadable map.
    (Also my device seems to work good, it can use the maps downloaded many days ago)
    We will see it.
    It would have been nice to have here an admin/moderator/sy from the TomTom Helpdesk to help us.
    Superusers
    edited April 25
    Hi

I've flagged this up with one of the Moderators @VikramK It should be picked up on Monday

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • AngryBirdAngryBird Posts: 85 [Revered Navigator]
    I have exactly the same issue here with my smart media connect ( same as mydrive but branded for smart).

@S_Simon Do you have the same issue as me?
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133805/all-my-maps-and-updates-disappeared-from-smart-media-connect#latest
    Hi @AngryBird,

yes, it seems the same.

0ryunt5pvfyo.png

jcdadzrp3w4y.png

z7x9eky2kcca.png

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,709 Moderator
    edited April 26
    Hello All

The issue has been raised and a ticket has been created for the same. I would also recommend that you contact customer service to report this problem.

@AngryBird
    The screenshot you attached in your last comment here, I don't see the device linked/connected.
    Does anything change on that screen(My Content) when the device shows as connected?

Thanks, Vikram
    Hi @VikramK,

how can I contact customer service?
    In the Tomtom account I only see the "support" option, which brings me here (discussions.tomtom.com).

Thanks in advance.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @S_Simon
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    1st... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

2nd... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited April 26
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hello All

The issue has been raised and a ticket has been created for the same. I would also recommend that you contact customer service to report this problem.

@AngryBird
    The screenshot you attached in your last comment here, I don't see the device linked/connected.
    Does anything change on that screen(My Content) when the device shows as connected?

Thanks, Vikram

No, nothing changes, here you go below (made screenshot on Friday). But please note that currently Smart Media Connect is not even available. I am seeing exception (see the second screenshot) - and same on tomtom website when I try to login

mx48zo5298pw.png

oz1b8arnjgsm.png

edited April 26
    S_Simon wrote: »
    Hi @AngryBird,

yes, it seems the same.

Yes, my symptoms are identical and I changed to a different SD card and older backup of the same card.

Current card works but I believe they have something corrupted in their system for a number of units - server doesn't respond properly when queries for satnav information and updates :(

@YamFazMan,

thank you for the information.
    I didn't know that click twice the "back" button helps to reappear the red "contact us" button. :)
    (With click "sign in" it disappears)
    Hi @VikramK,

I wrote to the customer service with "contact us" --> "e-mail" option a few days ago, but unfortunately no reply arrived yet.
    I hope they received it, because I didn't get any corfimation about that neither.
    edited May 3
    Hi @S_Simon
    I reviewed your contact history and I see a reply was sent to you last Thursday(29th April 2021)
    I have sent a heads-up so the case gets reported to the 2nd Line Team for further investigation.

Could you please check your inbox again, perhaps it might have landed in the spam/junk folder?

Thank you, Vikram
    Hi @VikramK,

I'm sorry, you're right, on Thursday arrived a reply.
    Hi guys,

today the MyDrive Connect sees all data of the "TomTom go" device (updates, maps, voices...). :-)
    And now the device can see the downloadable maps as well.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @S_Simon
    Glad you're sorted :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thanks, @S_Simon for confirming..
    @Rimi56 @AngryBird
    Could you also check if the information under the My Content tab is showing correctly?

~ Vikram
    Hi @VikramK

you are right: everything is back as it was before!

Thanks again for your support!

Michael
    @VikramK, @YamFazMan,

thank you for your help.

Regards,
    Simon