Updates two different TomToms — TomTom Community

Updates two different TomToms

I recently bought a Go 620 professional and tried to update it but no updates were available.
I also updated a Via 53 which had 5 updates.
The curious thing was the Via 53 had the recent local change in speed limit on a highway from 100K to 80Km/hr from 6 months ago.
The Go 620 still showed 100Km/hr.
Any ideas why? :/

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,872
    Superuser
    edited April 21 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Argon_0

You said earlier that you had a GO620 Professional. The Professional models are Truck devices and only come with a Truck map however you should have an option Vehicle in Settings where you can select a truck and input dimensions etc or select a car. The difference is that whilst Car is selected using the same ”truck” map the device does not take into consideration the vehicles dimensions etc. May be the Truck map on the unit is not as up to date as that on your car device.

Hopefully @VikramK can advise whether your TrucK device should have map updates or whether you need to purchase updates.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    edited April 22 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Argon_0
    It's an OCEANIA Trucker map. But the map update service for some reason was not active on your account.

My team has made the required changes. New map updates should be offered now.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,077
    Superusers
    edited April 20
    Hi
    @Argon_0
    Welcome to the site....
    I guess there is a difference between the Car and the Truck Map ???
    What is the Truck Map version ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Argon_0Argon_0 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited April 20
    Hi there @YamFazMan

Thank you for your reply.
    I'm pretty new to all this and found my Via 53 okay but thought I'ld upgrade. I checked the settings on the 620 and though it was set on "car" the map showed OceaniaTruck 1035.9691.
    I'm trying to figure out how to set map to "car"

I would have thought cars and trucks are regulated to the same speed limits.

I had a bit of a look online on my account and found that the 620 has Trucker- (Europe) current version :v4 installed??

Cheers.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,872
    Superuser
    edited April 21 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Argon_0

You said earlier that you had a GO620 Professional. The Professional models are Truck devices and only come with a Truck map however you should have an option Vehicle in Settings where you can select a truck and input dimensions etc or select a car. The difference is that whilst Car is selected using the same ”truck” map the device does not take into consideration the vehicles dimensions etc. May be the Truck map on the unit is not as up to date as that on your car device.

Hopefully @VikramK can advise whether your TrucK device should have map updates or whether you need to purchase updates.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    edited April 22 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Argon_0
    It's an OCEANIA Trucker map. But the map update service for some reason was not active on your account.

My team has made the required changes. New map updates should be offered now.

Regards, Vikram
  • Argon_0Argon_0 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks @VikramK
    I'll go and check. :)