My TomTom Go 52 screen only tell me the start point and ending point of my trip — TomTom Community

My TomTom Go 52 screen only tell me the start point and ending point of my trip

My TomTom Go 52 screen only tell me the start point and ending point of my trip. It does not show me the Street or exit name. In my old TomTom devise it give me the name of the street in am currently on as well as the street where I am going. It also give me the name of exist I will be getting off or connecting to when I am on the highway. My TomTom Go 52 does not do this. It is not until it get to a street or the highway exit does the TomTom speaks the name. It there a setting I can change my TomTom to get the settings I desire?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,218
    Superusers
    edited April 19
    Hi
    @Janife
    Welcome to the site....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Voices....
    Always use a Computer Voice... NOT a recorded voice....
    Then set the next 5 of the Setting switches to ON
    If required, set the 6th switch (Read aloud foreign street names) to ON....

Also check....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu)
    Are any 'Sound Icons' slashed through (OFF) ???
    It’s really easy to turn off a Sound Icon when swiping through the Menus

v412wdu3g07c.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • JanifeJanife Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hello YamFazMan. Thanks for the quick response. This did not answer my question. When I use the TomTom Go 52 to go to a destination there are no street names on the map. There is no view on the TomTom of what street I am on. There is not indication of what street I am going to. The same as when I am on the highway. It does not tell me that exit I am heading to. The voice works fine. It does give me directions but only when I reach the location where I need to make a right or left or get off the highway. The only names on the TomTom is where I am coming from and where i am going. Thanks.