I want to rotate the screen on my GO 6200 so I can mount it upside down — TomTom Community

I want to rotate the screen on my GO 6200 so I can mount it upside down

I want to rotate the screen on my GO 6200 so I can mount it upside down. I have a classic mini and it suits the windscreen better to have the TomTom mounted so it sits below the screen

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,732
    Superuser
    Hi @Bugs7

The holder rotates. It is very stiff so takes some effort.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,253
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Bugs7

Twist the Mount through 180 degrees

cb8628b0-a528-438e-8608-316da68b7a22.jpg
    ca4a80d3-6fec-4916-84e5-838488d73722.png
    The ball joint is tight, it has to stand the weight of the 6" Units....
    You will need the strength of the God Thor and the wrists of a Dentist to rotate the mount :)

ATB YFM
  • Bugs7Bugs7 Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    To those who have very kindly answered - I have managed to physically turn the unit upside down, but unfortunately, unlike on my dear old VIA 135, the maps do not rotate to sit the right way up.
    in essence the GO 6200 is upside down, but so is the map - is there a way to get the map to rotate - I have been looking but I cannot find a control to do this?
    Superusers
    edited April 19
    Hi
    @Bugs7
    You are setting-up the GO 6200 to be mounted on the Dashboard ???
    Works 'OK' for me....
    7h8rursdpuwo.jpg
    zw7pkaao2db4.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM

hz54v8fc28g1.jpg

Here is how I want to mount my GO 6200, so that it leaves most of the windscreen clear. The unit is upside-down (The TomTom logo being upside down). The VIA 135 would at this point flip the map etc so it was clearly readable. As you can see from the image, the map and data are as inverted as the unit.

I want to be able to flip the map etc.

I hope this clarifies my question.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Bugs7

Ahhhh a picture is worth a thousand words :)

Sorry 'NO' only the Later/Latest Tomtom Rider 4xx & 5xx Auto-rotate the screen :/

ATB YFM
    That is disappointing particularly as the old VIA 135 also autorotated, obviously to enable flexibility in mounting.
    Superusers
    edited April 20
    Hi
    @Bugs7
    Maybe.... Will this achieve what you are trying to do ??? Combining the Magnetic part of your GO 6200 Mount... With this EasyPort Mount Ball & Suction Cup
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/accessories/mounts-docks/easyport-mount-9UUB.001.23/

nw661o16mgmc.jpg
    1so6y74trib0.jpg

All the usual disclaimers apply... All the above is at your own risk....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi YamFazMan, unfortunately that would still have the TomTom taking up quite a large section of my Classic Mini's windscreen. If a long reach mount was available so it took the unit at least below the level of the screen, that could be an idea, but not sure such a beast exists.
    Thanks for your suggestions though.