Traffic camera update withdrawn — TomTom Community

Traffic camera update withdrawn

I have a Go 5200 and a Go 6200 which I update regularly. I now discover that the facility for traffic cameras has been withdrawn and I need to pay for this service. Does this mean these two cameras are no longer serviced by the company?

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,732
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    HI @Battersea

It is probable that any message you are seeing is as a result of a bug in the system at the moment and TT are aware of it.

If you create a route past a known camera that it used to advise you of, do not press Lets Go, then run Play Route Preview in Menu/Current Route to see if the Camera is being shown/announced. If not then try a Soft Reset as follows. If that does not work then advise us here and we can get one of the Mods to check your devices settings on the TT servers.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    HI @Battersea

It is probable that any message you are seeing is as a result of a bug in the system at the moment and TT are aware of it.

If you create a route past a known camera that it used to advise you of, do not press Lets Go, then run Play Route Preview in Menu/Current Route to see if the Camera is being shown/announced. If not then try a Soft Reset as follows. If that does not work then advise us here and we can get one of the Mods to check your devices settings on the TT servers.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

Doug
  • BatterseaBattersea Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you. The original notification was showing in MyDrive connect. I have now received notification on the actual Go units to download camera updates which I have done without problems.
    Perhaps the bug is fixed.....
    Superuser
    Hi @Battersea

There has been a Camera download today as I have processed it. Glad you are sorted.

Doug