Error Message when trying to download maps iPhone 12 — TomTom Community

Error Message when trying to download maps iPhone 12

Nosnibor54Nosnibor54 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
I have two iPhones and subscribe tom a family account, maps have downloaded fine on th iPhone 11 but on the new 12, i get the following message. "An unexpected Error occurred with the map. Try the action again to resolve"

I have deleted and reloaded the app, I have also reset the phone from scratch but still the same. Any ideas please?

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,630
    Community Manager
    It looks like there was a temporary issue earlier today. Can you try again?
  • Nosnibor54Nosnibor54 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Still receiving the same error message.
    edited April 19
    Screenshot
    acrgtlplfpk1.jpg
    All good now, seems to be working thank you, obviously a temporary fault.
  • WirekoskiWirekoski Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    edited July 23
    I have tried to download SUOMI maps (603Mb) to my iPhone11 for several days with several ways and soon I'm going to be mad. I have reinstalled everything how many times I don't know and tried to download maps, but it stops till 20% or earlier and gives message "Kartan käytön aikana ilmeni odottamaton virhe. Yritä ratkaista ongelma suorittamalla toiminto uudelleen." (<= When using the Map occured unexpected error. Try to solve it by trying again.) This DOES NOT work.
    I had earlier everything working prerfectly in my iPhone, iPad and CarPlay in our Citroen , but not any more.
    What shall I do? And one more thing, I changed my plan to Family share, but this error started earlier...
    Any help available?
    PS. Sorry my typos... :-)
  • TonyburgTonyburg Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Same story here. No chance to use tomtom. Please solve. I am paying a subscription for nothingk8yg7n3h6l21.png
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,608 Moderator
    edited July 26
    Hi @Wirekoski / @Tonyburg

Welcome to the Community! Are you still facing this issue? Can you please try again after restarting the app? It'll be good to know how much memory you've on the phone if the restart doesn't help.

Best, lampard
    edited July 26
    Hi lampard, thank you for your advice, but I have done already dozens of times and I have free space more than 23 Gb in my iPhone and more than 200Gb in my iPad. I have just the same situation as @Tonyburg . Pls, it is time to solve this problem!
    Btw; I have had mobilephones since 1988 and all kind of models. Earlier everything worked well, so what has happened now? I have been using TomTom by my iPhone since 2016. And before that I had several devices, but now only mobile. I have been working in media and communication more than 30 years, so I'm quite familiar with these equipments, so do not take me as a kid with your advice to "try again" and "try again".
    I have paid for Family Plan, so I'd like to have it in use also soonest, thank you!
    7mgbqa83isdl.jpg
    s6xt8s1kjppg.png
    5q8h0ane7i5r.jpg
    edited July 26
    I had also 2 accounts, but I asked to cancel the other, now I have only one, but it does not help at all... downloading stops at 20% all the time in my iPhone when it starts and with iPad at once with the info as above.
    Community Manager
    It took longer than usual to start but my iPhone is now downloading the map of Finland.
    Community Manager
    Done.
    pp3qc9p1rasz.jpg