Speed cameras show on maps? — TomTom Community

Speed cameras show on maps?

David_HarrissonDavid_Harrisson Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
hey team......rider 550.....have purchased speed camera update...... turned on device and it downloaded "speed camera" map thru my wifi at home....... all good so far........question....do the speed cameras appear on the base map active on the device or just an audible alert when near one?

Comments

• David_HarrissonDavid_Harrisson Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
    I have che ked device and it shows speed camera subscription active ok....... no speed cameras are appearing on the map but roadworks do.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,856
    Superuser
    edited April 19
    Hi @David_Harrisson

Why have you purchased Camera Updates for your Rider as they come as Free updates to the Rider550.

If you have done it as you have seen a message that you need to buy an update. this is possibly an error message that Tomtom are aware of. @VikramK @lampard can check your units settings on the TT servers and sort out if need be. Look back here to see what they say.

If the Purchase was not required then you will have to contact Customer support to get a refund.

Doug
    I am confused now...... i havehad it a couple of years....... this is the first time that a "speed camera" update ( 9 mgb) has come thru the wifi. "My account' certainly didnt show this as free unlike themaps which definately are. Only 33cents a month for a few months so no stress this end about the cost..... just dont see any change on the map where i know there are fixed cameras for years.
    cost is not the issue.....functionality is.....
    Superuser
    Hi @David_Harrisson

Let us see what one of the mods has to say on this.

Doug
    Yeh....someone will know.....i just assumed the cameras would appear sorta like roadworks do....
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,709 Moderator
    edited April 19
    David_Harrisson
    Hi David
    Please do a factory reset and then check for any new updates for speed cameras (when connected to WiFi internet)

Main menu-Settings-System- Reset device

Once installed perform a soft reset-

Now test the device on a planned route.

The device already comes with updates for speed cameras for the lifetime of the RIDER. So just contact customer service to raise a refund.

Regards, Vikram
    edited April 19
    Thanks vikram. Ill do all suggested...... but.....should the cameras show up on the normal nav screen or only when on planned route ?
    Update...... it does appear that the cameras only appear on a planned route....... so the good news is i now have them. Before i subscribed tonight i definately never had a camera show up on a planned route so the subsription i am told came with the device for camera updates didnt ever work........Now...... the question to myself is do i now leave things alone or do as suggested above with the resets ? If its not broken why fix it i ask myself???...... For 3 months, at least, the cost is only 33 cents per month so i am not worried........... Thanks for all your help and advice so far. I know this is all irrevellant first world problems considering the last year......Dave
    Superuser
    Hi @David_Harrisson

A couple of things that might help you.

Firstly if you go to the main Tomtom website and log into your account Top Right you should then see a Person Icon Top Right. Tap that icon and a series of be headings will appear just under the page headers. Tap the Subscriptions heading and you should see your camera purchase listed and you can stop the subscription so that no further payments should be taken.

Regarding Cameras if you go to Voices on your unit and select a Computerised voice instead of a Recorded voice then go to Sounds and Warnings and set it to Read Aloud. You can then set the warnings that will be verbally advised and this can include all the different types of Cameras and you should be told what type of Camera is being approached.

Doug
    Thanks Doug......will do