Amigo maps — TomTom Community

Amigo maps

Cjuk81Cjuk81 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
Anyone else noticed the maps in amigo are more up to date then the go maps, and not always changes that have happened in the last few weeks. Do they use different maps? For example, a new road, well it was built 18 months ago, isn't even connected to the main road in my go apps, yet it is in amigo, so I guess I'll have to report that

Comments

• lneamlneam Posts: 87 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Hi szachowa,

can you help me with this
    what is the web page of tomtom, where can we found informations about the total length of Km per country coverage of maps ? also, what was the changes for every map update per country ?
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 460
    Staff
    lneam wrote: »
    Hi szachowa,

what is the web page of tomtom, where can we found informations about the total length of Km per country coverage of maps ? also, what was the changes for every map update per country ?

Hi, I will try to get this info for you, I don't know off the top of my head.
  • Cjuk81Cjuk81 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    szachowa wrote: »
    Hi @Cjuk81 , I have discussed frequency of map updates with people responsible for maps, and this is the response I received:
    TT is working on bringing fresh content to users in ever faster cycles. In our current app the map receives full map updates every quarter and quick updates every week. The app will soon transition to a new map that will receive full map updates every month and quick updates every week.

AmiGO is using fully online map, whereas TomTom GO Navigation relies on the map that is downloaded to the storage. Please stay tuned, we are working on a new map in TT GO Nav, with more frequent updates.

I hope this answer helps.

Ah cool. Yea i knew amigo used an online map, i thought though when the Go app went to the new version, last year was it? they said they would be doing more frequent map updates, even weekly updates, but that doesnt seem to be always the case. So does that mean then that Go will be using the same maps as on Amigo?

Chris
  • Marek_MkZMarek_MkZ Posts: 55 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi @Cjuk81 , I have discussed frequency of map updates with people responsible for maps, and this is the response I received:
    TT is working on bringing fresh content to users in ever faster cycles. In our current app the map receives full map updates every quarter and quick updates every week. The app will soon transition to a new map that will receive full map updates every month and quick updates every week.

AmiGO is using fully online map, whereas TomTom GO Navigation relies on the map that is downloaded to the storage. Please stay tuned, we are working on a new map in TT GO Nav, with more frequent updates.

I hope this answer helps.

Really great news - looking forward to get such scheme form map updates - that will be great advantage and encouragement for staying with TTGo Nav as a main navigation software.
  • lneamlneam Posts: 87 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    lneam wrote: »
    Hi szachowa,

Hi, I will try to get this info for you, I don't know off the top of my head.

untill now, there is no answer
    Staff
    edited April 27
    Yes, no answer yet.

EDIT: I have resent my question about this.
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 263 [Exalted Navigator]

Please stay tuned, we are working on a new map in TT GO Nav, with more frequent updates.

Why is TT than promoting an bringing weekly updates? In practice these updates are useless.
    Even the big updates every X weeks/months don't update everything. I've encountered many times that things are so called fixed and/or shown correctly on mapshare, but still show inaccurately in the android app.

Having said this, the data concerning road works - which are so called real time - are many times inaccurate on both mapshare and the app. I've raised many times issues about this and get so called fixed without feedback and remain wrong.

Speaking about mapshare. It's about time that this tools gets modern/mature and allow people to raise problems on a more accurate and efficient way. Currently it's a real pain and discourages people to keep maps up to date.

Adding the long waiting time to get things fixed in mapshare, the unwillingness to allow data from the government and not seeing updates in the app isn't very appealing to people to use TT anyway .

• mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,158 [Revered Voyager]
    The app will soon transition to a new map...

Hello @szachowa
    What does that mean? 2nd or 3rd quarter 2021?
    Staff
    mapfanatic wrote: »

Hello @szachowa

I don't want to provide any dates. We are working on it, hopefully soon.
  • mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,158 [Revered Voyager]
    mapfanatic wrote: »

Hello @szachowa

I don't want to provide any dates. We are working on it, hopefully soon.

@szachowa
    Thanks for the answer.