How can I force 620 to update OV2 files — TomTom Community

How can I force 620 to update OV2 files

canbluecanblue Posts: 11 [Apprentice Seeker]
I would like to see some positive notification that OV2 files have been updated. I had the OV2 sorted and I want to replace it. I have started the PC app MyDrive, powered up the 620 and started MyDrive many times but I do not see that the updated files have been replaced.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,219
    Superusers
    edited April 18
    Hi
    @canblue
    Welcome to the site....
    Are you also logged into MyDrive >> ON << the GO 620 ???
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Login with your Tomtom Email & Password....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • canbluecanblue Posts: 11 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes I was logged in on the 620 via MyDrive and on the PC MyDriveCoonnect. I resorted the OV2 file so that it was alphabetical but it does not display that way. I am not interested in how close (distance) to me the entries are. Maybe it has reloaded the OV2 but will not display it in the way I want. How can I change the display format on the 620? For an added question why design a "new" unit and not allow the Customer to delete OV2 files that are not needed. Seems like a step backwards to me. We have no control over the content of files that we may load into the device.
  • canbluecanblue Posts: 11 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I used the PC MyDriveConnect route planner to delete the ov2 files I was playing with. I renamed them and imported them to the 620. When I open them on the 620 I get notification that there are no POIs in it -- no data displays. Any idea what is going on?