Reduce map from Europa to just one country — TomTom Community

Reduce map from Europa to just one country

Hello
I have a Via 52 .
I have a map of all Europe and I would like to reduce it to just une country (Spain).
Is that possible
This navigator are really slowly. Worst than discontinued models. Maybe works better with an smaller map.
thanks

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    edited April 19 Accepted Answer
    Hi @TaxiM

Welcome to the community!
    I was not able to test it so I am not sure if we have a single map of Spain that will work with the VIA 52.
    My team has activated regional maps that should allow you to download smaller map cuts.

I think you should be able to download Spain and Portugal, please check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,247
    Superusers
    edited April 17
    Hi
    @TaxiM
    Welcome to the site....
    What are the 1st 2 characters of the serial number ??? The two letters define the Tomtom Model.... Does your Via 52 have 8GB on-board memory or 16GB....

i2osedc7xqse.jpg
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About....
    Scroll down check 'Free Space....

The early 8GB NAV4 devices... The Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the 8GB NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....

For instance the latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 8.6GB....The device also uses the onboard Memory for the Operating System + 400MB is used for working space and is considered the bare minimum free space for the device to operate....

@VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators will pick this up and if required ??? Add a small Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

For More Info & Options See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • TaxiMTaxiM Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    hello YamFazMan
    the 1st 2 characters are: EM
    free space: 1.41Gb

i dont know why, when i type an address it search all arround europe, and it takes a long time compared to the discontinued models.
    I think that if it search only in spain will be much more fasted.

Anyway, I can say that all taxi drivers in my city feels really disapointed with that modern models of tomtom.
    the old ones are much more better.
    thanks
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 70 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi @TaxiM
    When you connect to My Drive Connect you should be able to go into the Europe Map you have and make it smaller (IE in the sub menu of you map it allows you to select which part of the map you want - you should be able to select Spain I would assume or even just Western Europe, etc.).
    Then when you update you will see your used memory will have got smaller...
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    edited April 19 Accepted Answer
    Hi @TaxiM

I was not able to test it so I am not sure if we have a single map of Spain that will work with the VIA 52.
    My team has activated regional maps that should allow you to download smaller map cuts.

I think you should be able to download Spain and Portugal, please check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram
  • TaxiMTaxiM Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @TaxiM

I was not able to test it so I am not sure if we have a single map of Spain that will work with the VIA 52 but my team has activated regional maps that should allow you to download smaller map cuts.

Regards, Vikram

Thank you very much. I will check it.