is it possible to import POI from someone like google maps on rider 550 tomtom — TomTom Community

is it possible to import POI from someone like google maps on rider 550 tomtom

cbrfireblade cbrfireblade Posts: 72 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone knows is it possible to import POI from someone like google maps.
I have done so many reports on mapshare in and around the Estepona and Marbella area where the POI is either incorrect map position, incorrect street name, duplicated etc etc that I have no trust in tomtom POI.
So was wondering when planning a route for a rideout using my rider 550 and want to add a stop for coffee break or stop for lunch is it possible to import a coffee bar etc from google maps to my rider 550.
I know google maps are not 100% perfect but having checked quiet a few of their POI they are more accurate and better details than tomtom.
Everything else with my rider 550 and my go 6200 works very good.
No problem if not possible was just wondering if it was as no trust with tomtom or tripadvisor with POI.

cheers guys.

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 635 [Revered Pioneer]
    not supported
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,253
    Superusers
    edited April 17
    Hi
    @cbrfireblade
    Maybe useful....
    MDW Route planner Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com
    Transfer the individual locations manually....
    Google Maps....
    With Google Maps and the MyDrive Web Route planner both running....
    (I use a 50/50 Split-screen)....
    (1)... Type the required location into the Google Maps Search Box and Click on the Magnifying glass Icon....
    (2)... Right-click on the offered location....
    (3)... A small Window opens... Left-Click on the offered Coordinate, to copy the Coordinate to the clipboard....

MyDrive Web Route planner....
    (4)... Important... Click on the MyDrive Web Route planner search box (To activate the search Box)
    (5)... Use Ctrl + v to paste the coordinates into the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    (6).... Important... Press Enter on your PC Keyboard....
    The MDW Route planner will Zoom to the location and mark the location with a MyPlace Icon (i.e... Starting point)
    (7)... Right-click on the new MyPlace Icon... A new window opens....
    Select... Add a Stop, Send Destination, Add to MyPlaces or Plan a route....

Or

Google Maps....
    (1)... Right-click on the Google Map at the required location....
    (2)... A small Window opens... Left-Click on the offered Coordinate, to copy the Coordinate to the clipboard....

MyDrive Web Route planner....
    (3)... Important... Click on the MyDrive Web Route planner search box (To activate the search Box)
    (4)... Use Ctrl + v to paste the coordinates into the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    (5).... Important... Press Enter on your PC Keyboard....
    The MDW Route planner will Zoom to the location and mark the location with a MyPlace Icon (i.e... Starting point)
    (6)... Right-click on the new MyPlace Icon... A new window opens.... Select... Add a Stop, Send Destination, Add to MyPlaces or Plan a route....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • cbrfireblade cbrfireblade Posts: 72 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    cheers YamFazMan will give that a try.