Add a map not pre loaded on My Go5200 — TomTom Community

Add a map not pre loaded on My Go5200

EdumcpintoEdumcpinto Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
Hello to everyone.
Just bought a G05200 and I would like to add the Morocco map but, I can't find a way to do it. I go to the maps on the device and select add new but, there's nothing there.
I have the Europe map pre-loaded.
Thanks

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,253
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Edumcpinto
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the COVID-19, Social Distancing and people working from home, are probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up (It's a bit late for today ??? Probably be on Monday) and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 70 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi @Edumcpinto
    When you log into My Drive Connect you enter the Updates and if you scroll down you will come to the Maps - it tells you which you have loaded and even - if you have an additional SD Card installed - where they are loaded on.

If you search through the Maps you should find the African ones - not sure if they are whole continent and/or you can select which areas to load only (Europe allows for loading certain countries, sections, areas only if you wish).

Obviously depends upon if you have free life time map updates or not - otherwise you might have to pay for the map.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    Hi @Edumcpinto
    Welcome to the community! Your GO WiFi 5200 already comes with world maps.

If you go to -

Main menu- Settings- Maps- Add a map

In the list, you will find Morocco > Tap on it and on the next screen tap on 'Download'

Regards, VIkram