Cannot get Live Traffic on my 6200 using the internal SIM — TomTom Community

Cannot get Live Traffic on my 6200 using the internal SIM

I cannot get Live Traffic on my 6200 using the internal SIM. If I connect to WiFi I can get traffic fine. I have been unable to find a telephone number (that works) for TomTom support. Can anybody help me. please?

Answers

• shschampionshschampion Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
    0kdcbdv1ua1e.jpg

No traffic anywhere unless I connect to Wi-Fi. Has the SIM stopped working? If so WHY? It is supposed to be a lifetime subscription.
    Thanks, rider1rider. I checked that Information Sharing is enabled. Next I suppose a device reset. I do hope that this is not a problem with TomTom's SIMs in general as I have more than one of these things!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    edited April 16
    Hi @shschampion
    This could be related to a SIM connectivity issue which can be better reviewed by our customer service team.

Before that, I would still suggest that you try all the steps advised in the video-

Regards, Vikram
    Thanks, Vikram. Unfortunately, after trying all those things I am still seeing GPRS disconnected. "GPRS Model" is showing as 16.01.202
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    Thanks for trying @shschampion
    I think this will have to be reviewed by our customer service team. They will review the SIM status in the backend and advise accordingly.

Regards, Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,253
    Superusers
    edited April 17
    Hi
    @shschampion
    Welcome to the site....
    GPRS SIM connection on the Tomtom Live devices....
    There are 3 Data connection options that can have a higher/priority/override the Built-in GPRS SIM....

To check the Data Connection status....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About…
    Scroll down to Data Connection & GPRS Status....
    What does the device report...???
    Is the GPRS Status... Connected ???

(1).... An active USB connection on your PC + MyDrive connect running on your PC....

Check the GPRS SIM Data Connection....
    Are you at home with your GO Premium connected to a USB port on your PC for a power supply + MyDrive connect running on your PC ???
    The USB connection will take priority over the GPRS SIM....

Disconnect the USB Lead from your PC....

(2)... An active Wi-Fi connection on your Tomtom device....

With your device still disconnected from USB....
    Note... If you need to power the device use something a iPhone Charger & the Tomtom supplied power lead....
    Turn off Wi-Fi....
    Wi-Fi will take priority over the GPRS SIM
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap (Modify) Icon
    Tap (Finish) Icon
    To verify the Wi-Fi is OFF Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) screen top right Wi-Fi logo with X
    70e5b90b-25ce-4fca-994c-e836a17cb9fa.jpg

Note....
    To Reconnect to Wi-Fi....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your chosen Wi-Fi
    Enter your Wi-Fi Password
    Tap Done
    Tap Connect

(3)... An active Bluetooth/phone connection.... 'Data for Traffic & other services' set to ON when using the MyDrive App on a Tomtom Live device ???

Is your iPhone connected over Bluetooth to the MyDrive App....
    If you have selected the 2nd Bluetooth option....
    'Data for Traffic & other services' ON.....
    The Bluetooth/Phone connection will have priority over the GPRS SIM....

dtsfwp43pa9e.jpg

wkkikyhv4wmt.jpg

If you are using iPhone with iOS 13 + And the MyDrive APP....
    See.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1745255/#Comment_1745255

Also, See... The following post....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Superusers
    Hi Again....
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    1st... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

2nd... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    I can't get the support chat to work. I have tried three different browsers and it just sends me around in circles. Or I get a chat box covered with an "accept cookies" prompt which won't go away. It covers up the chat box. How am I supposed to get technical support from TomTom? No phone number, and a chat service that I cannot get to work despite tryin on several browsers?
    Superusers
    edited April 16
    Hi
    @shschampion....

Chat working OK here ??? Have you tried clearing your Browser Cache....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Managed to get to the "send email" option by using a different computer. Why does TomTom make it so hard to contact technical support?
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 70 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi @shschampion
    I feel the same way with regards to the recent months of support and trying to contact someone - but i have found some help here.

I would deffo try to delete your browsing history and then re log in and see if that works.
    @DJSheridan well, I have managed to contact support a couple of years ago and they were using "custhelp.com" email addresses then. Now they have switched to "zendesk.com". Now that I have actually managed to raise a ticket, I feel like I am on my way to a solution. I just hope it isn't "buy a new unit" !!!

Anyway, in my case clearing cache and trying three different browsers did not work. In the end I managed to get the chat window up (without an obscuring " accept cookies" overlay) on a different computer. Their web page does not seem to be terribly robust!!! From the chat window you can (eventually) get to a mail form and once you get a ticket raised you are into an email exchange - which should, hopefully, be a bit easier.

In principle I think you could get support from support at tomtomhelp dot zendesk dot com but I expect I will be excommunicated for saying that.
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 70 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi @shschampion
    I have managed to contact Tom Tom via email - and although one thing is still outstanding (they are looking into it) I'm sure they will get back to you soon.

The Covid lockdowns have not really helped - although one would surmise that even tom Tom would be able to work from home too and offer the same sort of support as being in an office (if that is where they used to be - unless have always worked from home).

Strange you can log in on another computer and it works - but then I have similar issues on my new gaming laptop with Microsoft Office - something keeps freezing my lappy when i just click onto an MS Office file - but if i reset my lappy it is okay for about a month then something just happens and then same thing.

Sure it will get sorted soon.
    Yes, hope so!