Problem Connecting to TomTom HOME for Updates — TomTom Community

Problem Connecting to TomTom HOME for Updates

Starting on 12 Apr 2021, HOME cannot connect to get updates from the TomTom server due to an invalid security certificate. When I view the invalid certificate, I see that it was newly-issued on 12 Apr 2021 to "community.tomtom.com". Is there an issue with this new certificate that needs to be corrected? Everything has worked fine for years until this new cert was issued.

Thanks

phye2b6gy2bt.png
bdhgiw66omwq.png

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,581 Moderator
    edited April 20 Accepted Answer
    Hello All
    Our team has deployed a fix in our backend systems.
    If you don't have the latest version of TomTom HOME, please re-install or download it from here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960739

Open TomTom HOME application first and then connect the device.

> Check for updates.

Let me know if you still see the error...

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,218
    Superusers
    Hi
    @VikramK
    +1 the same error message here....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi @SirRooke @YamFazMan

I was looking for this error in the TomTom HOME documentation and found the "community.tomtom.com:443" usually is caused by internet security software.

It should get fixed on its own when you try installing the updates next time or changing settings to make sure any internet security software does not scan for traffic on port 443/https protocol.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Regards, Vikram
  • SirRookeSirRooke Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    edited April 16
    I don't have any internet security software and have not made any recent changes to my system. There are no updates to the HOME Software; I have the latest version and it has worked fine for many years. I do not think it is a coincidence that this problem began the very day a new security certificate was issued to TomTom, so I believe that is where the problem resides. The error message states that the problem is the cert being invalid -- it doesn't seem to be an issue with the internet connection itself.
  • mrlongestmrlongest Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have the same problem as YamFazMan and SirRooke.
    I too haven't knowingly made any changes to my system; but I haven't investigated to see if any automatic online updates have taken place recently.
    Vikram, (or anybody else) please advise what we must do if we can fix this problem.
    Can it be fixed in Windows 10 Security software?
    Or is the problem elsewhere?
    It certainly seems to me that the problem lies with TomTom's latest security certificate.
    We'll be grateful for any help you can offer.
    Repeating my message now incorporating the @ feature I've just discovered!
    I have the same problem as @YamFazMan and @SirRooke.
    I too haven't knowingly made any changes to my system; but I haven't investigated to see if any automatic online updates have taken place recently.
    @VikramK, (or anybody else) please advise what we must do if we can fix this problem.
    Can it be fixed in Windows 10 Security software?
    Or is the problem elsewhere?
    It certainly seems to me that the problem lies with TomTom's latest security certificate.
    We'll be grateful for any help you can offer.
  • CEtheredgeCEtheredge Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I am also having this problem - my computer says the security certificate is invalid and I am having problems downloading TomTom Home to my computer
    7ee64cbybrlk.png

• CEtheredgeCEtheredge Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    m492piitb011.png
    Here's another screenshot
  • FeekFeek Posts: 40 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited April 17
    I have exactly the same issue. Because the TomTom software is so poor, I have a dedicated laptop that I use just for TomTom. It gets fired up a couple of times a year for me to update the maps and resubscribe to Traffic as and when needed.

There is no anti-virus or security software on it whatsoever and to suggest that either of those could cause the problem is frankly, insulting. TomTom have issued a new certificate and that has broken this.

I am unable to update the maps that I have already paid for and I am unable to renew my traffic subscription due to this. My traffic expired last year and I haven't bothered renewing it due to the fact that like every one else, I'm not travelling very often. I have a long and essential journey to make tomorrow which is why I've just tried to renew my subscription.

So not only is this blocking an update to a product I have already paid for (map update), it is preventing me from spending more money on the traffic subscription.

It needs resolving quickly, the bottom line is that it is actually causing a loss in revenue for TomTom.
    This is the screen text message that my TomTom HOME has just sent to TomTom (apparently)
    "ERROR: 2153390060/#https://community.tomtom.com/shop/getNewestVersions: Error from server: Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user.
    Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user.
    Error code: 2153390060 (Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user.)
    URL: https://community.tomtom.com/shop/getNewestVersions
    Severity: 1103
    Stack:
    0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:77
    return new ServerError(message, status, uri, undefined, additionalInfo);
    1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:392
    this.cancelException = NetUtil.exceptionForStatusCode(this.request.channel.status, this.url.spec);
    2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:278
    this.request.onerror = function() { me._done(false); }

Time: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 16:36:04 GMT"

Hopefully they'll make the necessary correction.
    But, if anybody knows of any other way to encourage TomTom to make that correction, I'd be very interested...!

mrlongest wrote: »
    This is the screen text message that my TomTom HOME has just sent to TomTom (apparently)

Exactly what I'm seeing.

Unlike other errors, this is actually stopping people from paying TomTom (as well as stopping people receiving goods that they've already paid for) so I would hope that

a) it's fixed quickly
    b) everyone who has a paid subscription for maps gets that subscription extended for as long as this is broken because it's impossible to download an update while it's in this state

I won't hold my breath.
  • tomekgbtomekgb Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited April 18
    Hi,

I have also error code no 2153390060.
    One form ca 5 steps from actualisation list, to get update was available, use other port ??
    This is no error form reason security software.
    I tied with other pc
    Spring is coming and tomtom is not ready

GR
    @VikramK
    Anything more to say on this issue that's costing TomTom money and preventing paying customers from getting updates?
    Hello All

Do you see the same error for every update attempted or is the error specific when updating maps/ speed cameras or any other update?

Thanks, Vikram
    @VikramK

Yes, it appears everyone here is getting the same error.

For me: as soon as I start the TomTom HOME software on my PC, I get the error.

I think the HOME software requires a *secure* connection to the TomTom servers in order to download any GPS updates/maps/etc... Because the new certificate is Invalid ("insecure"), the HOME Software refuses to make the connection and thus no updates can be downloaded.

Would you refer this matter to your IT and/or security team? They must have installed the new cert a week ago. I believe these certs are issued every year and all the ones in the past have been fine -- it just seems this new one is improper or installed incorrectly.

Thanks
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,218
    Superusers
    Hi Vikram
    As above....
    For me: as soon as I start the TomTom HOME software on my PC, I get the error.
    I have tried Allowing Tomtom Home through the Firewall & Turning of the Firewall.... No Change, same error....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • CassteCasste Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited April 20
    7q9ve66pk4di.jpg
    etd1lzed8evv.jpg

I have the same problem updating my tomtom rider 2013.
    I did not try on Bandit... it was not a good purchase for me.... never had updates, in a short time it was not sold any more and accessories are poor or unavailable
    edited April 20 Accepted Answer
    Hello All
    Our team has deployed a fix in our backend systems.
    If you don't have the latest version of TomTom HOME, please re-install or download it from here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960739

Open TomTom HOME application first and then connect the device.

> Check for updates.

Let me know if you still see the error...

Thanks, Vikram
    @VikramK

That seems to have resolved the issue!

I now get no error msg & can now see updates:

p1dwrbx9g9mu.png

Hopefully this fixes the problem for everyone.

Thanks so much for your work on this issue! :)
  • mrlongmrlong Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Thank you @VikramK . I'm very happy now that my TomTom satnavs can get updates again.
  • CassteCasste Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    now it's working but I have this error tg9br5uzx0qc.png