POI

cbrfireblade
cbrfireblade Registered Users Posts: 84
Sovereign Trailblazer
I give up with POI, For POI I will use waze or google maps. Yes they are not 100% perfect as no-one is but they are more reliable for map position and details especially waze. Generally tomtom is very very good but really let themselfs down with POI

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,161
     Superuser
    Hi
    @cbrfireblade.....
    POI Categories Install OK for me....
    I have 107 3rd Party POI & Personal Categories installed on each of my Tomtom devices, several of the POI Categories have a couple of thousand individual POIs, one of the POI Categories has 31,184 individual POI locations....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • cbrfireblade
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    thanks YamFazMan will try importing. Just a shame tomtom let themselfs down with the POI
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,161
     Superuser
    edited April 2021
    Hi
    @cbrfireblade
    Maybe useful... GO 6200 User Guide (PDF file)...
    Here... https://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/gox20x/refman/TomTom-GO-EU-RG-en-gb.pdf

See Page 49 for the list of Tomtom Built-In POI Categories....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • cbrfireblade
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    cheers mate will give that a try.
  • Teecee259
    Teecee259 Registered Users Posts: 66
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Is there any way to download poi from my drive and save..... Maybe to use on another GPS..?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Hi @cbrfireblade

Just wondering if you can provide some examples of these POI's, I noticed that these all have to do with TomTom crawling the web and sometimes there are these weird websites that store these business data that always have the location wrong. I noticed; can you provide those examples.

Wish TomTom was like Bing that says in the description of each POI which source they used, thanks :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited January 9
    There are tons of reliable Government and business & park databases and still, I see tons of random duplicates or non-exist or misspelled parks. I agree with you, POI's are awful and it's affecting every map that uses TomTom including Bing. :(

Hoping Bing comes up with a mobile navigation app :)