Known issues AmiGO Android — TomTom Community

Known issues AmiGO Android

JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,113
Community Manager
App does not work in Android Auto or on the Widget/Overlay mode
  • Xiaomi Devices
    Ensure that your phone is not on Battery Saving Mode. If you are facing any issues with the working of the app, ensure that the app is not on Battery Saving mode.
    1. Long press Amigo App Icon
    2. Click App Info -> Scroll to Battery Saver
    3. Choose No Restriction Does this not solve the issue? Then click here.
  • Samsung Devices
    Ensure that your phone is not on Battery Saving Mode or Data Saving Mode! For more info, click here.
  • Huawei Devices
    Ensure that your phone is not on Battery Saving Mode! For more info, click here.
  • Do you not see any map on your phone or on Android Auto?
    Check if you have AdGuard, Blokada or any other adblocker installed. Go to the settings in the Ad blocking app and remove AmiGO. AmiGO does not advertise to you. However, some adblockers block essential services that we need to make the app work.

App does not Autostart with Bluetooth
  • Xiaomi Devices
    XiaoMi - Open Security app > Permissions > Auto-start. Enable "Autostart" for AmiGO.
  • Huawei Devices
    Huawei - Phone settings > Battery > App launch and then set your app to “Manage manually” and make sure everything is turned on.

I do not hear any voice, just beeps!
In AmiGO, go to Menu > Settings > Voice and ensure that you have set the right “Text-to-Speech” setting.

Comments

• Richyrich1980Richyrich1980 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've seen a few others like myself can't see the app in android auto on their phones, I've sent an email to tomtom support a few days ago but not heard back
  • Asif786Asif786 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited April 23
    Can't find any option to correct/report wrong speed limit in AmiGo (Beta). And I also miss the option of limited time specific speed limit and road entry in school areas.
  • PDADocPDADoc Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    edited April 23
    One feature that is missing is the ability to add to my places from my contact list. I would also like to see the ability to change the map colors.
  • dmarkovinadmarkovina Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    All data and battery savings are off, but AmiGo is still not selectable in the navigation app menu from within Android Auto for Phone Screens app. Waze and Google maps remain the only option. Are you going to add support for Android Auto for Phone Screens any time soon? The phone is Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,113
    Community Manager
    I've seen a few others like myself can't see the app in android auto on their phones, I've sent an email to tomtom support a few days ago but not heard back
    We're already looking into this together with Google.
  • tackletarttackletart Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've been using the app for a couple of weeks on an Oppo Find X3 Pro
    I have found a couple of issues.
    The voice commands are like treble speed ( on google speak & the app voice).
    The screen flickers badly in weak signal areas.
    I lose the screen when on a telephone call. Ive tried various ways to cure this
    And of course, the worst of all you lose yor map when there is no signal. All in all not really usable. I have gone back to TomTom Go which I love and hopefully this will be available on AA soon.
  • AsydRaynAsydRayn Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Nice looking app, but there's no way to provide or report things that are wrong, like speed limits, etc. The reporting menu is very limited. Is there a way to zoom mao view? Nice but needs work, but it works nicely with Android auto otherwise.