MyDrive on smartphone — TomTom Community

MyDrive on smartphone

fixitflavfixitflav Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Does anybody know how Contacts works on this app? Mine lists 2 contacts, I don't know how they got there, and there seems to be no way to add, delete or edit contacts.
Any help appreciated

Best Answers

• fixitflavfixitflav Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    You've got it there! It's an Android, not an I-phone, but I checked my main contacts list and the only 2 with addresses were the ones in Contacts on MyDrive.
    The original 2 said multiple addresses found (2 each). I entered another and it said the same, 3 in that case. So I tried entering the number, then a new line for the street name, and it only shows one entry, so that's good.
    I also found if I delete the address in the main contacts list it disappears from MyDrive, so at least I can do that, then re-enter in a different format to get rid of the multiples.

So thanks a bunch for that, it's a great help.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,829
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @fixitflav

Glad that has helped.

Doug

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,116 [Exalted Pioneer]
    edited April 15
    only contact with address will show
    cannot edit contact in app
    Thanks for that, but I’m not with you. The contacts list on my GO5200 does not have addresses, but the 30-odd in My Places (on the GO5200) of course do. Only 2 of those are in Contacts in MyDrive on my smartphone. I wonder why just those 2. No contacts are shown in MyDrive Connect on my PC. I appreciate that Destinations, place lists and favourites, but not contacts, on the GO5200 are synced with MyDrive.
    Superuser
    edited April 15
    Hi @fixitflav

When the option appeared that enabled Contacts to be used on the TT Mobile App I had an issue as it would not work. It turned out that it was probably the way I had input the address details in the iPhones Contacts was the problem. Can you see something different between the 2 that appear and the rest that don't. For example in Contacts when I input an Address the first box says Street as does the second. I have got it to work with the House number in the first box and the Street Name in the second box.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    You've got it there! It's an Android, not an I-phone, but I checked my main contacts list and the only 2 with addresses were the ones in Contacts on MyDrive.
    The original 2 said multiple addresses found (2 each). I entered another and it said the same, 3 in that case. So I tried entering the number, then a new line for the street name, and it only shows one entry, so that's good.
    I also found if I delete the address in the main contacts list it disappears from MyDrive, so at least I can do that, then re-enter in a different format to get rid of the multiples.

So thanks a bunch for that, it's a great help.
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @fixitflav

Glad that has helped.

Doug