VIA 52 - Tom Tom Clicks off and on once in any township/city — TomTom Community

VIA 52 - Tom Tom Clicks off and on once in any township/city

We purchased a VIA 52 - 2019 April with lifetime maps
I went in after a year and it said I think it was $140 to pay for Maps (!)
So I couldn't update so left it.
Then 6 months ago the unit kept switching off and on as soon as we came to 60km town
limits and within any town or suburb or city. On the road 1, 2 hours and there is no such problem.

We were told to call the phone number of TomTom from where we purchased at RAA - but
it says the number is disconnected (?)

Thanks for any help.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,253
    Superusers
    edited April 15
    Hi
    @TerryKells
    Welcome to the site....
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles...

If your device has Lifetime Maps... You DO NOT need to pay a Subscription to update the Maps....

Tomtom video shows you how you can update your navigation device if your device updates by connecting to MyDrive Connect.

End

Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    1st... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

2nd... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • TerryKellsTerryKells Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Thank you for your quick reply. I have downloaded the Tom Tom to my computer as
    it is new. I still have the same trouble it is asking me for $84 year subscription for
    maps when in 2019 April I paid for lifetime maps through RAA (Royal Auto Assoc.) We
    saw them on Friday and they gave us the receipt to show we had done so.

Let me know if there is something I should be doing that I'm not doing right. I note that where the payment is required it says Expired. Also, I made sure I was using the new device also
    from 2019.
  • TerryKellsTerryKells Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    edited April 18
    Had Tom Tom since 2007 - this is our 3rd device and yes know about Drum Roll and updates.. ;)