I lost speed camera after Map Update on GO 520 — TomTom Community

I lost speed camera after Map Update on GO 520

I update yesterday my go 520 and now I can't see speed camera anymore. I tryed Soft reset and fabric reset but nothing happend.
Can you help me?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,067
    Superusers
    edited April 15
    Hi
    @campem
    Do you have a current Speed Cam subscription ???
    There has been a change in the Speed cam subscriptions... The Tomtom subscriptions now 'Auto Renew' by default....

Note... If your subscription has expired you will NOT get any Speed cam warning on the device, even the old database is still installed on the device....

See T&C's 4.2 Subscriptions, renewals and Free Trials...
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/legal/terms-and-conditions/#4YourAccountandyoursubscriptions

Tomtom Speed Cam FAQ….
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015806999

Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed

(1)... A couple of Tips if you need to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,709 Moderator
    Hi @campem
    Could you also try a factory reset and check if the device will alert for speed cameras on a planned route?

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device

To avoid losing your stored favourites on the device you can create a backup using MyDrive..

See user guide

Regards, Vikram
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 115 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Just to add to this...
    My Premium X model - new since a few weeks ago - has the same problem or so i think.
    I travelled 52 miles on a route that I know has several mobile camera spots but nothing came up - although I have lifetime speed cameras on my device as it comes free with it.

So this is in addition to the glitch that keeps asking me to update speed cameras for a fee even though they are already installed on the device!

Can anyone help?

I have asked Tom Tom support and they just tell me it is a glitch that will soon be rectified - but it has gone on for a while now.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,067
    Superusers
    Hi
    @DJSheridan
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    Serena or Malcolm here in the UK
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    Along with the standard triple 'dong dong dong' warning the device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi @YamFazMan
    I don't use the Computer Voices - never have... the Speed Cameras should still show on route and also alarm up surely?
    Also to add:
    I've just had a new update for Speed Cameras... so i've updated and then made a route to Cardiff and along that route the only speed cameras to show up was an average camera section 35 miles away from me... no other speed camera icons are appearing on any of the map!
    Surely this should show up?
    Just to add again:
    I have done a search of local Gatso Static Cameras and they are showing up on a route i created... but it seems Mobiles are not appearing even though I have that selected in settings (incidentally everything is selected).
    Surely not all local mobile locations have been removed off the database within 100 miles radius of me?