Are you working for destroy or for updating POI? — TomTom Community

Are you working for destroy or for updating POI?

gially86gially86 Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
Hi,

I have requested the modification of several POIs and they were updated almost immediately; for a month on the map it seems that all the updates that I had requested have disappeared and now it is impossible to obtain an update of the POIs, many are back in their wrong positions, as the title suggests are you working to update or destroy the changes we require?

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    Hi @gially86
    Changes to the POI data require official approval from the business or the actual source.

Could you post a couple to report id's so I can have my team review them, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • gially86gially86 Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @gially86
    Changes to the POI data require official approval from the business or the actual source.

Could you post a couple to report id's so I can have my team review them, please?

Thanks, Vikram

Hi @VikramK

here some examples:

a9520d3e-0e51-450e-90ba-a8b311fab272 (this one have Giojosa name instead of Gioiosa, strange thing is that it was corrected few months ago and now it has newly wrong name)

antoher one:

0bd67b58-3150-44f3-b316-df05b0133cc6 and 3120d133-de08-4cf9-99f5-2e0a97536569 (they were in the correct position I have requested and they are newly in wrong position)

I have also changed bank name "Credito Valtellinese" in "Credito Siciliano" in the entire Sicily, it was accepted and corrected but now they have wrong name (and someone also position)

did you made a general downgrade to POI database? Now it's impossible to help you with wrong POIs because they take a long time to be processed (and often they aren't fixed)!

Another important thing: I have also a beta tester of Tom Tom Navigation App, why for this app maps are not updated?
  • gially86gially86 Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @VikramK

nothing has changed yet, I think that something doesn't work correctly now in your Poi approval process