Traffic stopped working on 6250. — TomTom Community

Traffic stopped working on 6250.

Sergey1680Sergey1680 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello. Traffic stopped working on 6250. There are active subscriptions. Maybe due to the fact that I changed my mail, something was broken? Everything works through WIFI. I turn off WIFI and traffic writes to me (no internet connection). GPRS status is disabled. Help me figure it out.

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,732
    Superuser
    edited April 14
    Hi @Sergey1680

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up and can check your units settings on the TT servers.

If your unit is connected to Wifi then the GPRS, inbuilt mobile sim, will be disabled so you need to check that out of Wifi range.

Have you input the new email address in the unit, if not then you need to do a Factory Reset to enable you to be able to do that.

Look back here later to see what the Mod says.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    Hi @Sergey1680
    Welcome to the community!
    The services on your account look okay, Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested in the video below-

Regards, Vikram
  • QSSQSS Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    They seem to be OK; I'm now resetting the device.
  • QSSQSS Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Reset; I'm on long journey tomorrow so I'll confirm its sorted; or NOT
  • Sergey1680Sergey1680 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]

I've been through everything. I did a reset, the Internet is not connected, the traffic is not working. Data connection: Disabled. GPRS status: Disabled. When I connect WIFI then everything works.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,732
    Superuser
    Hi @Sergey1680

One possibility is that a number of units have had issues with the inbuilt Sim contacts corroding and so the connection is lost.

You can try the following at your own risk and it will void any warrantee you may have.

Under the label on the bottom is where the Sim lies so if you carefully remove the label, maybe replace it with double sided tape after, and then carefully click the sim in and out a few times to clean the contacts and then see if connection is made.

In the meantime if you can connect it to a smart phone via Bluetooth then you maybe able to get Traffic that way. You will need to ensure that when you have paired the Bluetooth that you Tap the Connected phone in Bluetooth on the GO unit and make sure the second option re Data is selected.

Doug