MyDrive on Android: How do I limit places to ONLY UK? (or a Home Country) — TomTom Community

MyDrive on Android: How do I limit places to ONLY UK? (or a Home Country)

TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 146 [Revered Navigator]
Guys,
when using MyDrive to plan a route I start by entering start/end locations. Seems simple but how do I limit my choices to the COUNTRY I live in but not the PLANET I live on?

Typically when I enter a location I get every matching place from all over the this planet. What makes this totally daft is that if I do accept one of these far off places as a destination it won't actually allow a route because its too far. Duh!

So, providing EVERY matching location on the planet is very clever it is in reality is TOTALLY USELESS.

Agreed. If I append "UK" on my places it sort-of works as expected but WHY should I need to? Is there any way to set "UK" as my default or any other country I'm currently in? If this feature isn't there why the hell not?

The way MyDrive works gives me the impression that the guy(s) that programmed it are all very clever but actually have no clue how folk need to use it.

I've asked this before but MyDrive ain't getting any better.

In reality I'm just hacked off having to deploy yet another TomTom work around necessary to limit choices to UK.

Best Answer

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 934 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    no filters for search on app

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 934 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 146 [Revered Navigator]

Yep. This just confirms the problem.
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 146 [Revered Navigator]
    edited April 14
    Guys,
    Appolgies. Just realised I've posted this in the wrong place. Having two products with similar names clearly escaped me. It could be I read " MyDrive Web" and didn't get as far as "Apps".

Maybe this could be moved so that my point has a more appropriate audience.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,208 Moderator
    @TigerRider
    The topic has been moved under the correct category. :)