Why does my watch say Demo on every activity? — TomTom Community

Why does my watch say Demo on every activity?

SarahONeillSarahONeill Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
When I click on options and drop down to Demo, it says 'off'. However, when I swim or run or cycle, demo appears on my watch screen each time. It does not display what I have done however it is storing the information somewhere as it will upload to my laptop. I just cannot see it on my watch. Very strange. Noticed it the other week when I went out for my first cycle since half term and then again today for my first swim since December. Any advice?

Answers

• Jim07Jim07 Posts: 4,147 Moderator
    Hi.

@SarahONeill.

I think it's just a sofwtare issue. To reinstall it, plug the watch to a computer with sport connect. Once it is done, click on the setting (on sport connect) then reset the watch.

Regards,

Jim.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,812
    Superusers
    When I click on options and drop down to Demo, it says 'off'. However, when I swim or run or cycle, demo appears on my watch screen each time. It does not display what I have done however it is storing the information somewhere as it will upload to my laptop. I just cannot see it on my watch. Very strange. Noticed it the other week when I went out for my first cycle since half term and then again today for my first swim since December. Any advice?

That is because you are in demo mode. Press down and go to Options>Demo and select Off. If it is already off, you may also need to do a factory reset to fix it. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the watch to your computer. The Connect window will open up, press the gear at the top right and select Factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided, giving the watch the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.